Special Event - Restatement of the Law, Liability Insurance
Please join us for a special event hosted by Orrick and The American Law Institute on The Restatement of the Law, Liability Insurance. This is a first effort to draft a Restatement directed to such a critical area of law.
As the project nears its end, there has been much examination of this new Restatement from ALI, by insurers, policyholders and their counsel, and academics and judges. Join us for special access to one of the project's Reporters as well as content from the recently approved draft. Two insurance law experts from both the insurer and policyholder perspectives will discuss some of the most hotly debated questions in general, professional, and cyber liability insurance matters:
- What do policyholders and insurance companies need to know?
- What is particularly relevant to the tech community in the Bay Area?
- Why do some believe that the Restatement will lead to an increase in litigation?
- What does the Restatement say about Bad Faith claims and why should you care?
- What does all this mean when companies buy insurance?
- Laura A. Foggan, partner at Crowell & Moring, regularly represents insurers in litigation as well as in emerging exposures, including cyber risk, privacy, and data breach claims.
- Barry Levin, partner at Orrick and Adviser on the Restatement, regularly represents policyholders in coverage litigation matters and advises clients on a range of coverage issues from cyber to property damage to asbestos.
- Kyle Logue is the Associate Reporter on the Liability Insurance Restatement and a Professor at the University of Michigan Law School.
Format: 4:00 p.m. Presentation followed by Q&A and Networking Reception
For questions regarding this event or to RSVP, please contact:
+1 650 614 7313