Berger Singerman LLP, Miami, Florida.
Partner – Business Reorganization Team. August, 2011 to Present.
Hahn & Hessen LLP, New York, N.Y.
Partner – Corporate Bankruptcy & Restructuring. February, 2009 to June, 2011.
Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, LLP, New York, N.Y.
Senior Associate – Bankruptcy & Corporate Reorganization. July, 2005 to January, 2009.
Pinheiro Neto Advogados, São Paulo, Brazil.
Secondment – Corporate Restructuring. November, 2007 to February, 2008.
Kronish Lieb Weiner & Hellman, LLP (n/k/a Cooley LLP), New York, N.Y.
Associate – Corporate Restructuring & Bankruptcy. August, 2000 to May, 2005.
Baer, Marks & Upham, LLP, New York, N.Y.
Associate – Litigation. September, 1999 to June, 2000; Summer Associate (1998).
For close to two decades, I have represented corporate debtors, creditors’ committees, equity committees, significant creditors, and investors in numerous out-of-court and court-supervised, U.S.-based and cross-border, restructuring matters.
The following list represents a brief sampling of recent court-supervised restructuring cases in which I have led or had significant involvement:
- In re Goodman & Dominguez (d/b/a Traffic) (chain of women’s shoe stores) (Bankr. S.D. Fla.)
- In re Banco Santos, S.A. (Brazilian bank in liquidation) (Bankr. S.D. Fla.)
- In re Simply Fashion Stores) (national chain of women’s apparel stores) (Bankr. S.D. Fla.)
- In re ASG, Inc. (international provider of software solutions) (Bankr. D. Del.)
- In re Rothstein, Rosenfeldt & Adler, P.A. ($1 billion+ Ponzi scheme) (Bankr. S.D. Fla.)
- In re Maguire Group Holdings, Inc. (provider of architectural, engineering, planning, and construction management services in the U.S. and Caribbean) (Bankr. S.D. Fla.)
- In re Independência S.A. (Brazilian exporter of beef products) (Bankr. S.D.N.Y.)
- In re PJ Finance Company LLC (U.S. and Canadian apartment complexes) (Bankr. D. Del.)
- In re Extended Stay Inc. (North American chain of extended stay hotels) (Bankr. S.D.N.Y.)
- In re W.C. Wood Corp., Ltd (Canadian manufacturer of refrigerators and freezers) (Bankr. D. Del.)
- In re Progressive Molded Products, Inc. (Canadian automotive subsystem supplier) (Bankr. D. Del.)
- In re SPhinX, Ltd (hedge funds liquidating in the Cayman Islands) (Bankr. S.D.N.Y.)
- In re Federal-Mogul Global, Inc. (manufacturer of auto parts and systems) (Bankr. D. Del.)
- In re Interliant, Inc. (provider of information technology) (Bankr. S.D.N.Y.)
University of Oxford, Oxford, England.
Master of Science – Major Programme Management (part-time). February, 2017 (expected). Focus of research – Increasing the efficiency of restructuring large, US$1 billion+, cross-border, business entities.
- PGDip. – Organisational Leadership, September, 2014. Focus of research – Developing methods of succession planning to protect value in international professional service firms. Graduated with Distinction/Honors.
University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England.
PGDip. - Entrepreneurship. Attended, 2015 (part-time). Focus of research – Rethinking models of legal and financial, strategic approaches to maximize sustained competitive advantage for professional service firms.
FGV-EAESP, São Paulo, Brazil.
Global Executive Master of Business Administration. August, 2011. Graduated first in class.
Columbia University - Teachers College, New York, N.Y.
Master of Arts in Education (International Educational Philosophy). Attended part-time January, 2003 to December, 2006.
Yale University - Divinity School, New Haven, CT.
Master of Arts in Religion. May, 2002.
Harvard University - Divinity School, Cambridge, MA.
Master of Theological Studies. June, 1995. Teaching Fellow:Graduate Course – “Human Community & Human Rights”.
Brown University, Providence, R.I.
Bachelor of Arts in Economics. May, 1987.