2022 American Inns of Court Professionalism Award for the Ninth Circuit Awarded to M. Margaret McKeown
During the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference, M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit received the 2022 American Inns of Court Professionalism Award for the Ninth Circuit.
American Inns of Court is an association of legal professionals with a passion for excellence. This award is given annually to a lawyer or judge whose life and practice demonstrate character and integrity as well as dedication to the legal profession and the rule of law.
McKeown was the first female partner at Perkins Coie in Seattle and Washington DC. She chaired the ABA’s Commission on the 19th Amendment and is a special advisor to the ABA’s Rule of Law Initiative. McKeown helped launch the San Diego Appellate Inn in 2016 and now serves as a judicial master for the Appellate Inn.
Learn more here.
- Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black received the 2023 Learned Hand Award from the Philadelphia/Southern Ne… https://t.co/3WYFqKUKVY@AmLawInstMar 24
- Happening tomorrow: The American Law Institute, @SouthwesternLaw Review, and Southwestern’s Panish Civil Justice Pr… https://t.co/mimpg7o1Ir@AmLawInstMar 23
- Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., will receive the Henry J. Friendly Medal at The American Law Institute’s Annual… https://t.co/klYRvvNAL4@AmLawInstMar 21
- . @IntlWomenJudges received the 2023 Bolch Prize for the Rule of Law from @BolchJudicial. A number of ALI members sp… https://t.co/XSlJSOqsxR@AmLawInstMar 20
- Walter A. Effross @AUWCL has authored ‘Keeping Your Own Counsel,’ a book for law school students on how to navigate… https://t.co/gCOjjxg248@AmLawInstMar 17