ALI Launches Podcast
The American Law Institute is proud to announce the launch of Reasonably Speaking, our new podcast featuring conversations with experts on some of the most important legal topics of our time. The first two episodes are available now.
In the first episode, Protecting Individual Liberties: Recognizing the Value of State and Federal Courts, Justice Goodwin Liu of the California Supreme Court talks to Judge Jeffrey S. Sutton of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit about Constitutional Law, and how they believe we came to value so highly the federal system; why we should pay more attention to our state courts and constitutions; and what we as citizens, educators, and advocates should do going forward.
The second episode, The Decline of the Death Penalty, features death penalty expert and author of End of Its Rope: How Killing the Death Penalty Can Revive Criminal Justice, Duke Law Professor Brandon Garrett, talking about the revealing details of his data collection on the demise of capital punishment, and ALI’s past President Roberta Cooper Ramo and former Judge Christine Durham who walk listeners through ALI’s removal of the death penalty from the Model Penal Code.
Each episode of Reasonably Speaking takes listeners through the law in action, beyond courtrooms and casebooks. This examination of the relationship between our laws and our society will leave you with a better understanding of how we got here and what we should consider as we forge ahead.
Season one includes episodes on the topics of criminal law, corporate compliance, government ethics, American Indian law, and constitutional law. Our experts explore complex themes of race, consent and sexual assault, the rights of U.S. citizens, among others.
Our first two episodes are online now, and available through the most popular podcast listening platforms, including Spotify, Apple, and Stitcher.
- Congratulations to Jane Aiken on being named the new dean of @WFULawSchoolhttps://t.co/pkgu9xFY1ihttps://t.co/fmTQ6le2N7@AmLawInstApr 25
- Matthew Fletcher on tribal governments in this episode of #ReasonablySpeaking w/ Wenona Singel #TBT Listen here:… https://t.co/0I9Q8dx1AR@AmLawInstApr 25
- In this video, Data Privacy Principles Reporters @paulmschwartz and @DanielSolove discuss the developing concerns a… https://t.co/ft5VZEAmBL@AmLawInstApr 25
- Ward Farnsworth of @UTexasLaw speaks on collective thought and the drafting of a Restatement in The ALI Reporter.… https://t.co/U9aGuYCCUs@AmLawInstApr 24
- The Role of the Board of Directors and Executive Management in Promoting an Organizational Culture of Compliance an… https://t.co/kyrgCcBm7L@AmLawInstApr 24