Catharine MacKinnon Delivers McCorkle Lecture
Catharine A. MacKinnon of the University of Michigan Law School delivered the McCorkle Lecture at UVA School of Law on Feb. 6. Her talk was on “The First Amendment: An Equality Reading.”
Professor MacKinnon is an expert in sex equality known for her pioneering work arguing that sexual harassment constitutes sex discrimination. She is the author of several books, including the groundbreaking Sexual Harassment of Working Women, published in 1979, and the casebook Sex Equality.
Read more here.
- ALI member Michael Dreeben was recently interviewed in piece for @lawdotcom about his transition to partner at… https://t.co/Y9EwuS3lY2@AmLawInstFeb 14
- ALI member Catharine A. MacKinnon of @UMichLaw recently delivered the McCorkle Lecture on “The First Amendment: An… https://t.co/bZg4kXlvpb@AmLawInstFeb 13
- On Jan. 29, the U.S. Department of Justice issued a press release announcing the first meeting of a White House tas… https://t.co/wI40cG7N0M@AmLawInstFeb 10
- Tune in Feb. 12 to watch ALI member and @UCILaw professor @rickhasen discuss his new book – Election Meltdown. Prof… https://t.co/JieN2coN0w@AmLawInstFeb 7
- Ronald Mann of @ColumbiaLaw shares his thoughts on “Argument Analysis: Justices Debate Ability of Business That Did… https://t.co/JbXW2ABsAG@AmLawInstFeb 5