Catharine MacKinnon Delivers McCorkle Lecture
Catharine A. MacKinnon of the University of Michigan Law School delivered the McCorkle Lecture at UVA School of Law on Feb. 6. Her talk was on “The First Amendment: An Equality Reading.”
Professor MacKinnon is an expert in sex equality known for her pioneering work arguing that sexual harassment constitutes sex discrimination. She is the author of several books, including the groundbreaking Sexual Harassment of Working Women, published in 1979, and the casebook Sex Equality.
Read more here.
- In light of the recent disruptions to in-person elections due to COVID-19, and the potential for a larger-than-aver… https://t.co/TvAZoe1Jao@AmLawInstApr 6
- An interview with ALI member and @Harvard_Law professor @JeannieSGersen about her thoughts on teaching remotely wit… https://t.co/4Py0xxNXEs@AmLawInstApr 6
- Stephen Huefner @OSU_law discusses ensuring fair representation for all voters and voting methods in ALI’s Principl… https://t.co/3KxZFaC163@AmLawInstApr 3
- . @MoLawyersMedia has chosen ALI member and @MizzouLaw Dean Lyrissa Lidsky ( @LidskyLidsky) as its 2020 Woman of the… https://t.co/JmFd9SnzgI@AmLawInstApr 2
- Restatement Third of Torts: Liability for Economic Harm, is now available for purchase. In this video Reporter and… https://t.co/Bc0TRl4vcg@AmLawInstApr 2