Derek Langhauser Appointed Chief Legal Counsel to Maine Governor
Maine Governor Janet T. Mills has appointed Derek P. Langhauser to serve as chief legal counsel in the Office of the Governor. Mr. Langhauser will be aided by Linda Pister as deputy legal counsel.
“Attorneys Derek Langhauser and Linda Pistner have dedicated their careers to serving the people of Maine, and I am excited they will continue that service as chief legal counsel and deputy legal counsel, respectively, in my office,” Governor Mills said in a written statement. “They are two of the sharpest legal minds in the state. Their wealth of experience, and their deep respect for the Constitution and the rule of law will be a tremendous asset to the people of Maine in the coming years.”
Mr. Langhauser served as President of the Maine Community College System from 2015 to 2019. Before being named President in 2015, he served for 20 years as MCCS General Counsel, work that included disability accommodations, free speech, due process, contract review, safety procedures, regulatory compliance, and non-discrimination.
Read more here.
- In remembrance of the late John Paul Stevens – Watch Justice Stevens in conversation with his former clerk, and ALI… https://t.co/YsRgWgBW5u@AmLawInstJul 19
- In our most recent episode of #ReasonablySpeaking, former U.S. Solicitor General Paul Clement @Kirkland_Ellis refle… https://t.co/M0FgyYq3kR@AmLawInstJul 19
- Congratulations to ALI member Dr. Heath P. Tarbert on beginning his term as 14th Chairman of @CFTC. Learn more:… https://t.co/edEQRIVUG4@AmLawInstJul 18
- Out now: Part II of “May It Please the Court” with Paul Clement. Check out Part I with Nicole Saharsky, Seth Waxman… https://t.co/S3C9EHGvmj@AmLawInstJul 18
- ALI Council member Jeffrey Sutton was recently featured on @Gladwell’s podcast Revisionist History. Judge Sutton di… https://t.co/VUNPWHwSYO@AmLawInstJul 18