Doug Laycock to Speak on Religious Liberty
On September 21, ALI 1st Vice President Douglas Laycock of the University of Virginia School of Law will present on a panel at the “American Faith: The Origin and Meaning of Religious Liberty” program held at the National Constitution Center. The panel, which includes Professor Laycock, Philip Hamburger of Columbia Law School, Marci Hamilton of the Cardozo School of Law, and Michael McConnell of Stanford Law School, will provide historical analysis of the Founding era and the Religion Clauses of the First Amendment. The second panel will discuss issues and the limits of religious liberty in a democratic society.
More information on the event and purchasing tickets can be found here.
- Ninth Circuit Cites Restatement Third of Agency https://t.co/4iEUjiHeu5@AmLawInstJan 23
- Experts applaud decision to close Lincoln Hills and form other teen prisons https://t.co/XlpWCFK32X@AmLawInstJan 23
- Goodwin Liu Among Honorees at AABANY Annual Dinner https://t.co/W4w1QrVQL8@AmLawInstJan 19
- MPC: Sentencing Cited in EDNY Restitution Case https://t.co/VFhJccbSDy@AmLawInstJan 18
- Professors Shyamkrishna Balganesh and Eugene Volokh provide insight on copyright infringement in light of a recent… https://t.co/bsBD70wFwQ@AmLawInstJan 17