Geoffrey R. Stone on Roseanne Barr, the NFL, and what counts as Free Speech
In a Rolling Stone article, University of Chicago Law Professor Geoffrey R. Stone examines the recent controversy surrounding the racist commentary, and subsequent cancelation, of the rebooted sitcom, Roseanne, and its connection to the NFL’s recent decision to prohibit silent protest before football games. Professor Stone poses the question, “Are the free speech issues in these two situations the same or different?” while outlining the First Amendment and the limitations of free speech.
Read the full article here.
- Intentional Torts Restatement session at today’s Council meeting included discussion on Privileges and Consent. … https://t.co/7LAgHLowxy@AmLawInstOct 19
- Watch a short video and learn more about the Children and The Law Restatement project on The ALI Adviser.… https://t.co/hPYmdpWwWv@AmLawInstOct 19
- Day 2 of our Council meeting begins with Children and the Law Restatement, including discussions on parental author… https://t.co/JumoEGNlRR@AmLawInstOct 19
- Congratulations to all our newly elected members! View the full list on https://t.co/H2Yifa92ph:… https://t.co/QWRnIugucB@AmLawInstOct 18
- Read about technology, corporate compliance, and The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act on The ALI Adviser. @AILawBlog… https://t.co/YOxNfrT02L@AmLawInstOct 18