Gillian Lester Delivers David B. Goodman Lecture
Dean Lester pictured with Professor Brian Langille (left) and University of Toronto Faculty of Law Dean Edward Iacobucci.
Gillian L. Lester, dean of Columbia Law School, delivered the 2019-20 Annual David B. Goodman Lecture at The University of Toronto Faculty of Law on Jan. 9. Her talk was on “The Evolving Role of the University in Civil Society.”
The D.B. Goodman Fellowship was established in memory of the late David B. Goodman, Q.C. of Toronto by members of his family, friends and professional associates with the intention of bringing to the law school, on an annual basis, a distinguished member of the practicing bar or bench for a few days of teaching and informal discussions with the student body and faculty.
Read more here.
- ALI member Michael Dreeben was recently interviewed in piece for @lawdotcom about his transition to partner at… https://t.co/Y9EwuS3lY2@AmLawInstFeb 14
- ALI member Catharine A. MacKinnon of @UMichLaw recently delivered the McCorkle Lecture on “The First Amendment: An… https://t.co/bZg4kXlvpb@AmLawInstFeb 13
- On Jan. 29, the U.S. Department of Justice issued a press release announcing the first meeting of a White House tas… https://t.co/wI40cG7N0M@AmLawInstFeb 10
- Tune in Feb. 12 to watch ALI member and @UCILaw professor @rickhasen discuss his new book – Election Meltdown. Prof… https://t.co/JieN2coN0w@AmLawInstFeb 7
- Ronald Mann of @ColumbiaLaw shares his thoughts on “Argument Analysis: Justices Debate Ability of Business That Did… https://t.co/JbXW2ABsAG@AmLawInstFeb 5