Gillian Lester Delivers David B. Goodman Lecture
Dean Lester pictured with Professor Brian Langille (left) and University of Toronto Faculty of Law Dean Edward Iacobucci.
Gillian L. Lester, dean of Columbia Law School, delivered the 2019-20 Annual David B. Goodman Lecture at The University of Toronto Faculty of Law on Jan. 9. Her talk was on “The Evolving Role of the University in Civil Society.”
The D.B. Goodman Fellowship was established in memory of the late David B. Goodman, Q.C. of Toronto by members of his family, friends and professional associates with the intention of bringing to the law school, on an annual basis, a distinguished member of the practicing bar or bench for a few days of teaching and informal discussions with the student body and faculty.
Read more here.
- In light of the recent disruptions to in-person elections due to COVID-19, and the potential for a larger-than-aver… https://t.co/TvAZoe1Jao@AmLawInstApr 6
- An interview with ALI member and @Harvard_Law professor @JeannieSGersen about her thoughts on teaching remotely wit… https://t.co/4Py0xxNXEs@AmLawInstApr 6
- Stephen Huefner @OSU_law discusses ensuring fair representation for all voters and voting methods in ALI’s Principl… https://t.co/3KxZFaC163@AmLawInstApr 3
- . @MoLawyersMedia has chosen ALI member and @MizzouLaw Dean Lyrissa Lidsky ( @LidskyLidsky) as its 2020 Woman of the… https://t.co/JmFd9SnzgI@AmLawInstApr 2
- Restatement Third of Torts: Liability for Economic Harm, is now available for purchase. In this video Reporter and… https://t.co/Bc0TRl4vcg@AmLawInstApr 2