James Edelman Appointed Judge of Australia’s High Court
James J. Edelman has been appointed to the High Court of Australia following the promotion of Justice Susan Mary Kiefel to Chief Justice. Relinquishing his role as Judge of the Federal Court of Australia, Justice Edelman will be sworn in on January 30.
He was appointed Professor of the Law of Obligations at the University of Oxford in 2008 and to the Supreme Court of Western Australia in 2011.
Justice Edelman serves on the Members Consultative Group for the Restatement of the Law, U.S. Law International Commercial Arbitration and Restatement Third, Torts: Liability for Economic Harm.
View the full announcement.
- American Indian Law: When Two Sovereigns Collide” on #ReasonablySpeaking passes the mic to Indian Law experts Matth… https://t.co/FrtcTtX4j1@AmLawInstMar 19
- Tomorrow’s new episode of #ReasonablySpeaking will address the nuanced and highly complex field of American Indian… https://t.co/w9iOSvt1I4@AmLawInstMar 18
- How do Principles of the Law differ from Restatements of the Law? Learn the answer to this and other common questio… https://t.co/8OF8H3eCkT@AmLawInstMar 18
- Now Available: Principles of the Law, Election Administration. @Nedfoleyhttps://t.co/CYjH8moQMchttps://t.co/5I4dqRPSJE@AmLawInstMar 16
- On this day in 1892, NY unveiled its automatic ballot booth (voting machine). Since then, much has changed in the w… https://t.co/8RjzPm4Mj0@AmLawInstMar 15