James Edelman Appointed Judge of Australia’s High Court
James J. Edelman has been appointed to the High Court of Australia following the promotion of Justice Susan Mary Kiefel to Chief Justice. Relinquishing his role as Judge of the Federal Court of Australia, Justice Edelman will be sworn in on January 30.
He was appointed Professor of the Law of Obligations at the University of Oxford in 2008 and to the Supreme Court of Western Australia in 2011.
Justice Edelman serves on the Members Consultative Group for the Restatement of the Law, U.S. Law International Commercial Arbitration and Restatement Third, Torts: Liability for Economic Harm.
View the full announcement.
- ALI Torts Reporter Michael Green @WFULawSchool on Policing. Up next § 11.02 on recording of policing questioning, a… https://t.co/aMspRA9O35@AmLawInstMay 20
- Reporter @brandonlgarrett@DukeLaw responds to comments on eyewitness identification procedures #ALI96. Read the d… https://t.co/uq2oiLxKrt@AmLawInstMay 20
- Reporters @barryfriedman1 and @brandonlgarrett continue to receive comment on Policing Principles - now from… https://t.co/jtZFzsh3Eb@AmLawInstMay 20
- Frank Sullivan @IUMcKinney provides comment on the justification for encounters Section of Policing principles.… https://t.co/F2O731oJoe@AmLawInstMay 20
- The first project on today’s agenda is Principles of the Law, Policing with Reporter Barry Friedman and Associate R… https://t.co/nYlEXtb8yd@AmLawInstMay 20