Janet Napolitano Receives Harry S. Truman Award
University of California president Janet Napolitano has been chosen by the Independence Harry S. Truman Award Commission as the 2018 recipient of the Harry S. Truman Public Service Award. The award was established by the City of Independence Missouri in 1974 and is presented annually to an outstanding American citizen who best typifies and possesses the qualities of dedication, industry, ability, honesty and integrity that distinguished President Harry S. Truman.
President Napolitano was the nation’s third Secretary of Homeland Security under President Barack Obama from 2009-2013. She was the first woman selected for this position and, to date, is the longest serving Secretary of Homeland Security. She became the 20th President of the University of California in 2013, and the first woman President of the University of California.
President Napolitano is the 44th recipient of this award. The Harry S. Truman Public Service Award Presentation Ceremony will be held on May 29.
Read the full City of Independence press release.
- Copy: Learn more about this week’s project meeting, Principles of the Law Compliance, Enforcement, and Risk Managem… https://t.co/PefiOvHmSo@AmLawInstOct 22
- Intentional Torts Restatement session at today’s Council meeting included discussion on Privileges and Consent. … https://t.co/7LAgHLowxy@AmLawInstOct 19
- Watch a short video and learn more about the Children and The Law Restatement project on The ALI Adviser.… https://t.co/hPYmdpWwWv@AmLawInstOct 19
- Day 2 of our Council meeting begins with Children and the Law Restatement, including discussions on parental author… https://t.co/JumoEGNlRR@AmLawInstOct 19
- Congratulations to all our newly elected members! View the full list on https://t.co/H2Yifa92ph:… https://t.co/QWRnIugucB@AmLawInstOct 18