Janet Napolitano Receives Harry S. Truman Award
University of California president Janet Napolitano has been chosen by the Independence Harry S. Truman Award Commission as the 2018 recipient of the Harry S. Truman Public Service Award. The award was established by the City of Independence Missouri in 1974 and is presented annually to an outstanding American citizen who best typifies and possesses the qualities of dedication, industry, ability, honesty and integrity that distinguished President Harry S. Truman.
President Napolitano was the nation’s third Secretary of Homeland Security under President Barack Obama from 2009-2013. She was the first woman selected for this position and, to date, is the longest serving Secretary of Homeland Security. She became the 20th President of the University of California in 2013, and the first woman President of the University of California.
President Napolitano is the 44th recipient of this award. The Harry S. Truman Public Service Award Presentation Ceremony will be held on May 29.
Read the full City of Independence press release.
- American Indian Law: When Two Sovereigns Collide” on #ReasonablySpeaking passes the mic to Indian Law experts Matth… https://t.co/FrtcTtX4j1@AmLawInstMar 19
- Tomorrow’s new episode of #ReasonablySpeaking will address the nuanced and highly complex field of American Indian… https://t.co/w9iOSvt1I4@AmLawInstMar 18
- How do Principles of the Law differ from Restatements of the Law? Learn the answer to this and other common questio… https://t.co/8OF8H3eCkT@AmLawInstMar 18
- Now Available: Principles of the Law, Election Administration. @Nedfoleyhttps://t.co/CYjH8moQMchttps://t.co/5I4dqRPSJE@AmLawInstMar 16
- On this day in 1892, NY unveiled its automatic ballot booth (voting machine). Since then, much has changed in the w… https://t.co/8RjzPm4Mj0@AmLawInstMar 15