Janet Napolitano Receives Harry S. Truman Award
University of California president Janet Napolitano has been chosen by the Independence Harry S. Truman Award Commission as the 2018 recipient of the Harry S. Truman Public Service Award. The award was established by the City of Independence Missouri in 1974 and is presented annually to an outstanding American citizen who best typifies and possesses the qualities of dedication, industry, ability, honesty and integrity that distinguished President Harry S. Truman.
President Napolitano was the nation’s third Secretary of Homeland Security under President Barack Obama from 2009-2013. She was the first woman selected for this position and, to date, is the longest serving Secretary of Homeland Security. She became the 20th President of the University of California in 2013, and the first woman President of the University of California.
President Napolitano is the 44th recipient of this award. The Harry S. Truman Public Service Award Presentation Ceremony will be held on May 29.
Read the full City of Independence press release.
- For almost 50 years, the Boskey Motion has allowed ALI to honor its bicameral voting requirements without excessive… https://t.co/uj9lo3ndRa@AmLawInstJan 16
- Council Meetings are an important time for the Institute. Learn more about Council and the different stages of the… https://t.co/hEeEb4pdSn@AmLawInstJan 15
- This week is all about prep for our January Council meeting. The primary functions of ALI’s Council include determi… https://t.co/rYmFuMhtM3@AmLawInstJan 14
- #TBT to last year’s January Council Meeting. ALI Council will meet next week to review drafts from six current proj… https://t.co/UEqBvNAdsG@AmLawInstJan 10
- The first issue of The ALI Reporter, our membership newsletter, was published in October 1978. Since then the publi… https://t.co/7Eou3Ycbtw@AmLawInstJan 8