Janet Napolitano Receives Harry S. Truman Award
University of California president Janet Napolitano has been chosen by the Independence Harry S. Truman Award Commission as the 2018 recipient of the Harry S. Truman Public Service Award. The award was established by the City of Independence Missouri in 1974 and is presented annually to an outstanding American citizen who best typifies and possesses the qualities of dedication, industry, ability, honesty and integrity that distinguished President Harry S. Truman.
President Napolitano was the nation’s third Secretary of Homeland Security under President Barack Obama from 2009-2013. She was the first woman selected for this position and, to date, is the longest serving Secretary of Homeland Security. She became the 20th President of the University of California in 2013, and the first woman President of the University of California.
President Napolitano is the 44th recipient of this award. The Harry S. Truman Public Service Award Presentation Ceremony will be held on May 29.
Read the full City of Independence press release.
- ALI Torts Reporter Michael Green @WFULawSchool on Policing. Up next § 11.02 on recording of policing questioning, a… https://t.co/aMspRA9O35@AmLawInstMay 20
- Reporter @brandonlgarrett@DukeLaw responds to comments on eyewitness identification procedures #ALI96. Read the d… https://t.co/uq2oiLxKrt@AmLawInstMay 20
- Reporters @barryfriedman1 and @brandonlgarrett continue to receive comment on Policing Principles - now from… https://t.co/jtZFzsh3Eb@AmLawInstMay 20
- Frank Sullivan @IUMcKinney provides comment on the justification for encounters Section of Policing principles.… https://t.co/F2O731oJoe@AmLawInstMay 20
- The first project on today’s agenda is Principles of the Law, Policing with Reporter Barry Friedman and Associate R… https://t.co/nYlEXtb8yd@AmLawInstMay 20