Chief Justice Roberts Discusses Recent SCOTUS Appointment and Other Courtroom Topics
John G. Roberts Jr., Chief Justice of the United States sat down in conversation with Robert A. Stein of University of Minnesota Law School to discuss the recent appointment of the Associate Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh and to provide assurance that the Court will continue to serve the greater interests of the nation.
“Our role is very clear: We are to interpret the Constitution and laws of the United States, and to ensure that the political branches act within them,” Chief Justice Roberts said. “That job obviously requires independence from the political branches. The story of the Supreme Court would be very different without that sort of independence.”
The interview continued with Chief Justice Roberts answering questions from students on a number of other subjects, including cameras in the courtroom, his female colleagues, and having a new member of the court.
Read more here.
- American Indian Law: When Two Sovereigns Collide” on #ReasonablySpeaking passes the mic to Indian Law experts Matth… https://t.co/FrtcTtX4j1@AmLawInstMar 19
- Tomorrow’s new episode of #ReasonablySpeaking will address the nuanced and highly complex field of American Indian… https://t.co/w9iOSvt1I4@AmLawInstMar 18
- How do Principles of the Law differ from Restatements of the Law? Learn the answer to this and other common questio… https://t.co/8OF8H3eCkT@AmLawInstMar 18
- Now Available: Principles of the Law, Election Administration. @Nedfoleyhttps://t.co/CYjH8moQMchttps://t.co/5I4dqRPSJE@AmLawInstMar 16
- On this day in 1892, NY unveiled its automatic ballot booth (voting machine). Since then, much has changed in the w… https://t.co/8RjzPm4Mj0@AmLawInstMar 15