Chief Justice Roberts Discusses Recent SCOTUS Appointment and Other Courtroom Topics
John G. Roberts Jr., Chief Justice of the United States sat down in conversation with Robert A. Stein of University of Minnesota Law School to discuss the recent appointment of the Associate Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh and to provide assurance that the Court will continue to serve the greater interests of the nation.
“Our role is very clear: We are to interpret the Constitution and laws of the United States, and to ensure that the political branches act within them,” Chief Justice Roberts said. “That job obviously requires independence from the political branches. The story of the Supreme Court would be very different without that sort of independence.”
The interview continued with Chief Justice Roberts answering questions from students on a number of other subjects, including cameras in the courtroom, his female colleagues, and having a new member of the court.
Read more here.
- In light of the recent disruptions to in-person elections due to COVID-19, and the potential for a larger-than-aver… https://t.co/TvAZoe1Jao@AmLawInstApr 6
- An interview with ALI member and @Harvard_Law professor @JeannieSGersen about her thoughts on teaching remotely wit… https://t.co/4Py0xxNXEs@AmLawInstApr 6
- Stephen Huefner @OSU_law discusses ensuring fair representation for all voters and voting methods in ALI’s Principl… https://t.co/3KxZFaC163@AmLawInstApr 3
- . @MoLawyersMedia has chosen ALI member and @MizzouLaw Dean Lyrissa Lidsky ( @LidskyLidsky) as its 2020 Woman of the… https://t.co/JmFd9SnzgI@AmLawInstApr 2
- Restatement Third of Torts: Liability for Economic Harm, is now available for purchase. In this video Reporter and… https://t.co/Bc0TRl4vcg@AmLawInstApr 2