Judy Martinez Is New ABA President
Judy Perry Martinez of Simon, Peragine, Smith & Redfearn is the American Bar Association’s 143rd president. Ms. Martinez will serve a one-year term as president ending in August 2020. Patricia Lee Refo of Snell & Wilmer has assumed the role of president-elect and will also serve a one year term.
At the 2019 ABA Annual Meeting in San Francisco Ms. Martinez spoke on her plans to devote her year as president to fulfilling the ABA’s core goals. She hopes to rally the legal profession to do more to champion the rule of law and create a public dialogue regarding trust and respect for our justice system, expressing in particular her plans to focus on the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment.
A video of her remarks is available here.
- In this video, project Reporters Matthew Fletcher @MSULaw ( @ILPCTurtleTalk) and Kaighn Smith Jr. @DrummondWoodsum p… https://t.co/8yvxwpu24O@AmLawInstMay 22
- “Coping with COVID: Administering Jury Trials, Mediations, Complex Litigation” brings together judges and court adm… https://t.co/TfpRlmYKcx@AmLawInstMay 21
- Coming soon to #ReasonablySpeaking – "Coping with COVID: Administering Jury Trials, Mediations, Complex Litigation.… https://t.co/V94sWaem6L@AmLawInstMay 20
- Congratulations to ALI member A. Benjamin Spencer ( @PROFSPENCER) of @UVALaw on being named the new dean of… https://t.co/326BOQhgc6@AmLawInstMay 20
- . @DukeLaw@DeanKerryAbrams shares her thoughts on how students assisted in the switch to remote learning on… https://t.co/de6DRzlzYl@AmLawInstMay 20