Judy Martinez Is New ABA President
Judy Perry Martinez of Simon, Peragine, Smith & Redfearn is the American Bar Association’s 143rd president. Ms. Martinez will serve a one-year term as president ending in August 2020. Patricia Lee Refo of Snell & Wilmer has assumed the role of president-elect and will also serve a one year term.
At the 2019 ABA Annual Meeting in San Francisco Ms. Martinez spoke on her plans to devote her year as president to fulfilling the ABA’s core goals. She hopes to rally the legal profession to do more to champion the rule of law and create a public dialogue regarding trust and respect for our justice system, expressing in particular her plans to focus on the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment.
A video of her remarks is available here.
- #TBT to last spring's Policing Principles project meeting with Reporter Barry Friedman, and project participants Sh… https://t.co/9yokqfxjEL@AmLawInstAug 22
- Listen now to “American Indian Law: When Two Sovereigns Collide” on #ReasonablySpeaking. In this episode Indian Law… https://t.co/E7PbjjsNqO@AmLawInstAug 21
- On August 19, California Governor Gavin Newsom signed AB 392 into law, enacting one of the strongest use-of-force l… https://t.co/d1q259bKDO@AmLawInstAug 21
- ALI member and former Solicitor General Michael Dreeben responds to a series of @SCOTUSblog tributes honoring his d… https://t.co/zFTpPGoiyC@AmLawInstAug 20
- ALI Director Richard L. Revesz addresses the role of Restatements in the Summer Edition of The ALI Reporter. Read… https://t.co/SEjnFVbx7X@AmLawInstAug 20