Judy Martinez Is New ABA President
Judy Perry Martinez of Simon, Peragine, Smith & Redfearn is the American Bar Association’s 143rd president. Ms. Martinez will serve a one-year term as president ending in August 2020. Patricia Lee Refo of Snell & Wilmer has assumed the role of president-elect and will also serve a one year term.
At the 2019 ABA Annual Meeting in San Francisco Ms. Martinez spoke on her plans to devote her year as president to fulfilling the ABA’s core goals. She hopes to rally the legal profession to do more to champion the rule of law and create a public dialogue regarding trust and respect for our justice system, expressing in particular her plans to focus on the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment.
A video of her remarks is available here.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16