Judy Martinez Is New ABA President
Judy Perry Martinez of Simon, Peragine, Smith & Redfearn is the American Bar Association’s 143rd president. Ms. Martinez will serve a one-year term as president ending in August 2020. Patricia Lee Refo of Snell & Wilmer has assumed the role of president-elect and will also serve a one year term.
At the 2019 ABA Annual Meeting in San Francisco Ms. Martinez spoke on her plans to devote her year as president to fulfilling the ABA’s core goals. She hopes to rally the legal profession to do more to champion the rule of law and create a public dialogue regarding trust and respect for our justice system, expressing in particular her plans to focus on the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment.
A video of her remarks is available here.
- . @UWMadison recently released preliminary findings from the 2019 @AAUniversities Campus Climate Survey on Sexual As… https://t.co/mW4Fwq21S8@AmLawInstOct 23
- In Parkinson v. Bevis, 2019 WL 4266089 (Idaho Sept. 10, 2019), the Supreme Court of Idaho adopts Restatement of the… https://t.co/H0JfTtAxSw@AmLawInstOct 23
- . @ConstitutionCtr and @GWLawReview recently hosted a symposium where federal judges shared how their #SCOTUS clerks… https://t.co/63bAZTGh4w@AmLawInstOct 22
- Nicole A. Saharsky of @Mayer_Brown recently featured on an episode of Legal Speak ( @lawdotcom) where she shared her… https://t.co/dpT3J56E6y@AmLawInstOct 22
- Congratulations to our 50 newly elected members. We are thrilled to welcome this new group who will bring their exp… https://t.co/SroGmh3D00@AmLawInstOct 21