Margaret McKeown Delivers Keynote Address at IPSANZ
Margaret M. McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit delivered the keynote address at the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Conference in Queenstown, New Zealand. Her topic was "Censorship in the Guise of Intellectual Property: Harmonizing Copyright, Trademark and Free Speech."
The Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc. is an independent Society whose principal objective is to provide a forum for the dissemination of Information about the discussions of issues relating to intellectual property.
Additionally, Judge McKeown recently published an article in the Seattle Times, "Justice Takes a Side," about U.S. Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas’s environmental advocacy and the 60th anniversary of his hike down the beach in Olympic National Park to protest the building of extension of U.S. Highway 101. The article commemorates Douglas’s personal and professional history and celebrates his vitality of spirit that was evident in his special brand of environmental advocacy.
- Intentional Torts Restatement session at today’s Council meeting included discussion on Privileges and Consent. … https://t.co/7LAgHLowxy@AmLawInstOct 19
- Watch a short video and learn more about the Children and The Law Restatement project on The ALI Adviser.… https://t.co/hPYmdpWwWv@AmLawInstOct 19
- Day 2 of our Council meeting begins with Children and the Law Restatement, including discussions on parental author… https://t.co/JumoEGNlRR@AmLawInstOct 19
- Congratulations to all our newly elected members! View the full list on https://t.co/H2Yifa92ph:… https://t.co/QWRnIugucB@AmLawInstOct 18
- Read about technology, corporate compliance, and The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act on The ALI Adviser. @AILawBlog… https://t.co/YOxNfrT02L@AmLawInstOct 18