Margaret McKeown Delivers Keynote Address at IPSANZ
Margaret M. McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit delivered the keynote address at the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Conference in Queenstown, New Zealand. Her topic was "Censorship in the Guise of Intellectual Property: Harmonizing Copyright, Trademark and Free Speech."
The Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc. is an independent Society whose principal objective is to provide a forum for the dissemination of Information about the discussions of issues relating to intellectual property.
Additionally, Judge McKeown recently published an article in the Seattle Times, "Justice Takes a Side," about U.S. Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas’s environmental advocacy and the 60th anniversary of his hike down the beach in Olympic National Park to protest the building of extension of U.S. Highway 101. The article commemorates Douglas’s personal and professional history and celebrates his vitality of spirit that was evident in his special brand of environmental advocacy.
- Congratulations to Jane Aiken on being named the new dean of @WFULawSchoolhttps://t.co/pkgu9xFY1ihttps://t.co/fmTQ6le2N7@AmLawInstApr 25
- Matthew Fletcher on tribal governments in this episode of #ReasonablySpeaking w/ Wenona Singel #TBT Listen here:… https://t.co/0I9Q8dx1AR@AmLawInstApr 25
- In this video, Data Privacy Principles Reporters @paulmschwartz and @DanielSolove discuss the developing concerns a… https://t.co/ft5VZEAmBL@AmLawInstApr 25
- Ward Farnsworth of @UTexasLaw speaks on collective thought and the drafting of a Restatement in The ALI Reporter.… https://t.co/U9aGuYCCUs@AmLawInstApr 24
- The Role of the Board of Directors and Executive Management in Promoting an Organizational Culture of Compliance an… https://t.co/kyrgCcBm7L@AmLawInstApr 24