Margaret McKeown Delivers Keynote Address at IPSANZ
Margaret M. McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit delivered the keynote address at the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Conference in Queenstown, New Zealand. Her topic was "Censorship in the Guise of Intellectual Property: Harmonizing Copyright, Trademark and Free Speech."
The Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc. is an independent Society whose principal objective is to provide a forum for the dissemination of Information about the discussions of issues relating to intellectual property.
Additionally, Judge McKeown recently published an article in the Seattle Times, "Justice Takes a Side," about U.S. Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas’s environmental advocacy and the 60th anniversary of his hike down the beach in Olympic National Park to protest the building of extension of U.S. Highway 101. The article commemorates Douglas’s personal and professional history and celebrates his vitality of spirit that was evident in his special brand of environmental advocacy.
- Ward Farnsworth of @UTexasLaw speaks on collective thought and the drafting of a Restatement in The ALI Reporter.… https://t.co/grMzqi1E3b@AmLawInstFeb 19
- Off from work today? Kick back and listen to an episode of #ReasonablySpeaking. ALI’s new podcast takes you through… https://t.co/Y1Kdr3mHoR@AmLawInstFeb 18
- Meeting next week, Principles for a Data Economy studies, identifies, and collates the existing and potential legal… https://t.co/yDlF7FMc1B@AmLawInstFeb 15
- Now streaming - Death penalty expert @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw talks about the revealing details of his data col… https://t.co/BdcVcVBqaL@AmLawInstFeb 14
- William Kidder @CRPatUCLA discusses the major challenges faced by U.S. colleges and universities in the prevention… https://t.co/yUyxjKvqK7@AmLawInstFeb 14