Margaret McKeown Delivers Keynote Address at IPSANZ
Margaret M. McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit delivered the keynote address at the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Conference in Queenstown, New Zealand. Her topic was "Censorship in the Guise of Intellectual Property: Harmonizing Copyright, Trademark and Free Speech."
The Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc. is an independent Society whose principal objective is to provide a forum for the dissemination of Information about the discussions of issues relating to intellectual property.
Additionally, Judge McKeown recently published an article in the Seattle Times, "Justice Takes a Side," about U.S. Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas’s environmental advocacy and the 60th anniversary of his hike down the beach in Olympic National Park to protest the building of extension of U.S. Highway 101. The article commemorates Douglas’s personal and professional history and celebrates his vitality of spirit that was evident in his special brand of environmental advocacy.
- Suzanne Goldberg of @ColumbiaLaw and Gil Sparks of @MorrisNichols discuss what schools are doing to implement fair… https://t.co/zW3E7aYiXE@AmLawInstJun 26
- #SCOTUS cites Model Penal Code §§ 2.02 and 2.04 in a case involving the unlawful possession of a firearm. Read mo… https://t.co/Gr7VoMNfHs@AmLawInstJun 26
- Ken Simons @UCILaw and Erin Murphy @nyulaw unpack the complex issues of consent in tort and criminal law, includi… https://t.co/39EmqtI930@AmLawInstJun 26
- The #ALI96 Annual Meeting featured the @ALI_CLE Ethics program “Duty to Whom? Ethics Dilemmas Confronted by Governm… https://t.co/NZEiDRSoZ2@AmLawInstJun 25
- ALI was profiled by @VisionariesInc, a documentary series that highlights the stories of nonprofits around the worl… https://t.co/jlgwzEPC3E@AmLawInstJun 24