Margaret McKeown Delivers Keynote Address at IPSANZ
Margaret M. McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit delivered the keynote address at the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Conference in Queenstown, New Zealand. Her topic was "Censorship in the Guise of Intellectual Property: Harmonizing Copyright, Trademark and Free Speech."
The Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc. is an independent Society whose principal objective is to provide a forum for the dissemination of Information about the discussions of issues relating to intellectual property.
Additionally, Judge McKeown recently published an article in the Seattle Times, "Justice Takes a Side," about U.S. Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas’s environmental advocacy and the 60th anniversary of his hike down the beach in Olympic National Park to protest the building of extension of U.S. Highway 101. The article commemorates Douglas’s personal and professional history and celebrates his vitality of spirit that was evident in his special brand of environmental advocacy.
- Learn more about "Extraction: Art on the Edge of the Abyss, Preview of a Glorious Ruckus" by Michael Traynor… https://t.co/m6AD3iVhlw@AmLawInstDec 13
- Our fall project season has come to a close but that doesn’t mean work has stopped. Reporters are still hard at wor… https://t.co/gAP1oqKrYl@AmLawInstDec 13
- Quote from Neil B. Cohen @brooklynlaw at ALI91 upon receiving the Wisdom Award. #WednesdayWisdom Watch a video o… https://t.co/VOVMN9ABbL@AmLawInstDec 12
- Foreign Relations Law Adviser Christopher Whytock @UCILaw discusses International Law, world politics, and more on… https://t.co/aPcBO3vffy@AmLawInstDec 12
- The Winter edition of The ALI Reporter is now available. This issue includes project updates from ALI's fall projec… https://t.co/Kza6smPQCn@AmLawInstDec 12