Margaret McKeown Delivers Keynote Address at IPSANZ
Margaret M. McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit delivered the keynote address at the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Conference in Queenstown, New Zealand. Her topic was "Censorship in the Guise of Intellectual Property: Harmonizing Copyright, Trademark and Free Speech."
The Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc. is an independent Society whose principal objective is to provide a forum for the dissemination of Information about the discussions of issues relating to intellectual property.
Additionally, Judge McKeown recently published an article in the Seattle Times, "Justice Takes a Side," about U.S. Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas’s environmental advocacy and the 60th anniversary of his hike down the beach in Olympic National Park to protest the building of extension of U.S. Highway 101. The article commemorates Douglas’s personal and professional history and celebrates his vitality of spirit that was evident in his special brand of environmental advocacy.
- ALI member Nancy Kim @CWSL_News will be presenting a talk on “Social and Business Problems Created by Ubiquitous Wr… https://t.co/ogsjKTEo5M@AmLawInstDec 6
- #AmericasTownHall continues with ALI member John S. Cooke of the Federal Judicial Center moderating a conversation… https://t.co/RejyFzm3ID@AmLawInstDec 5
- Christopher Slobogin of @vanderbiltlaw and @Laura_K_Donohue of @GeorgetownLaw join @RosenJeffrey for this morning's… https://t.co/ul6MWRNFoz@AmLawInstDec 5
- Today’s #AmericasTownHall discussion at the @ConstitutionCtr, “The Fourth Amendment and Privacy: Historical Perspec… https://t.co/FNNQiY7T9o@AmLawInstDec 5
- ALI member Randy Maniloff of @WhiteandWil recently authored a @WSJ piece in which he discussed several notable NFL… https://t.co/jKodsoZjqv@AmLawInstDec 4