In Memoriam: J. Sherman McLaughlin
J. Sherman McLaughlin passed away on September 15. He was 85.
Mr. McLaughlin worked as an estate lawyer for Reed Smith for more than 50 years. He was a member and president of the board of trustees of the Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf, and served as trustee, board president, and interim head of Winchester-Thurston School. A believer in the value of education, Mr. McLaughlin was a founding member of the Fund for the Advancement through Education (FAME).
Read the full Pittsburgh Post-Gazette obituary.
- Congratulations to all our newly elected members! View the full list on https://t.co/H2Yifa92ph:… https://t.co/QWRnIugucB@AmLawInstOct 18
- Read about technology, corporate compliance, and The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act on The ALI Adviser. @AILawBlog… https://t.co/YOxNfrT02L@AmLawInstOct 18
- Compliance project being presented for Council discussion for the first time. Council members discuss governance in… https://t.co/LIbcMjUWCJ@AmLawInstOct 18
- This Friday, the University of Pennsylvania Law Review is hosting a symposium titled “The History, Theory, and Prac… https://t.co/yNo5iCF2Kj@AmLawInstOct 15
- Congratulations to Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar, Risa Goluboff, Mark Lemley, and Sonia Sotomayor on their induction t… https://t.co/vBUhtxTErO@AmLawInstOct 12