O’Sullivan Nominated to Wash. District Court
As part of the sixteenth wave of judicial nominees, President Donald Trump nominated Kathleen M. O'Sullivan to serve on the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington.
Kathleen O’Sullivan is a partner and co-chair of the appellate practice at Perkins Coie in Seattle, where she represents clients in a wide range of complex litigation in trial and appellate courts across the country. Ms. O’Sullivan is the former Chair of the Washington Commission on Judicial Conduct. She has been active in the Washington State Bar Association and the Federal Bar Associations.
After receiving her law degree from Georgetown University Law Center in 1996, she was a law clerk for Judge Harold Greene on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, and Judge M. Margaret McKeown on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
In addition to serving on ALI’s Council, she is an Adviser on Restatement of the Law, Charitable Nonprofit Organizations and a member of the Members Consultative Group for Principles of the Law, Government Ethics. She also served as an MCG participant on Principles of the Law, Election Administration.
Ms. O’Sullivan was previously nominated by former President Barack Obama in 2016 to the U.S. District Court bench.
- Learn more about "Extraction: Art on the Edge of the Abyss, Preview of a Glorious Ruckus" by Michael Traynor… https://t.co/m6AD3iVhlw@AmLawInstDec 13
- Our fall project season has come to a close but that doesn’t mean work has stopped. Reporters are still hard at wor… https://t.co/gAP1oqKrYl@AmLawInstDec 13
- Quote from Neil B. Cohen @brooklynlaw at ALI91 upon receiving the Wisdom Award. #WednesdayWisdom Watch a video o… https://t.co/VOVMN9ABbL@AmLawInstDec 12
- Foreign Relations Law Adviser Christopher Whytock @UCILaw discusses International Law, world politics, and more on… https://t.co/aPcBO3vffy@AmLawInstDec 12
- The Winter edition of The ALI Reporter is now available. This issue includes project updates from ALI's fall projec… https://t.co/Kza6smPQCn@AmLawInstDec 12