Palmer Gene Vance II Named Chair of the ABA Section of Litigation
Palmer Gene Vance II of Stoll Keenon Ogden is the 2018-2019 Chair of the American Bar Association Section of Litigation. With nearly 50,000 litigators, judges, and arbitrators, it the largest section of the ABA.
“I am keenly aware that there has never been a Chair of the Section of Litigation from a place as small as Lexington, Ky.—and 300,000 people is not really that small,” said Mr. Vance at the Annual Meeting. “But, it calls to mind that most litigation in this country does not occur on the coasts, in the cities or within the halls of the AmLaw100. Most litigation is conducted by solo and small firm lawyers in smaller cities and towns. As a few of you have heard me say, many of the best trial lawyers in this country are in places like Riverton, Wyo., Lincoln, Neb., Evansville, Ind., and yes, London, Ky.”
Mr. Vance’s initiatives as chair include focusing on delivering member benefits to solo and small firm litigators, continuation of the Section’s Children’s Rights Litigation Committee, and improving lawyer well-being through its Mental Health & Wellness Task Force.
Read the Stoll Keenon Ogden press release here.
- The abstract for 'Improving (and Avoiding) Interstate Interpretive Encounters' is available on The ALI Adviser:… https://t.co/sHIq24JfoF@AmLawInstSep 29
- . @daniellecitron has authored ‘The Fight for Privacy, Protecting Dignity, Identity and Love in our Digital Age,’ di… https://t.co/5V0wlofT0P@AmLawInstSep 29
- Sarah S. Vance of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana is the recipient of the 2022 Edward… https://t.co/YyUx80mxZY@AmLawInstSep 28
- . @DebroahNArcher is the next director of @nyulaw’s Clinical and Advocacy Programs, effective January 2023.… https://t.co/2TQaEXlszu@AmLawInstSep 26
- Following her retirement from the @uscourts, U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, Margaret B Sey… https://t.co/FfZHzQAeyN@AmLawInstSep 22