‘Rembrandt’s Money’ by Bob Wessels
Bob Wessels of University of Leiden has authored Rembrandt’s Money, a comprehensive overview of the legal and financial aspects of the life and work of the 17th century Dutch artist. Wessels investigates rarely discussed parts of Rembrandt’s private life, including his bankruptcy in 1656.
Rembrandt's Money offers a comprehensive overview of the legal and financial aspects of the life and work of Rembrandt. This topic has rarely been the subject of systematic legal-historic research. The author Bob Wessels is the first to investigate the many legal disputes and conflicts which have occurred or have surrounded him during the larger part of over forty years of his private and professional life. The book also sheds light on the socio-economic, cultural and historical context of the period covered and the environments Rembrandt interacted with. The reader will reach a deeper understanding of the local and social Amsterdam history and a part of its local and legal system. The book will appeal to legal and financial professionals with an interest in the 17th century, but also to anyone who wants to gain a deeper insight of the business side of Rembrandt's profession. Lastly, anyone with an interest in Rembrandt will find this book a must.
Wessels served as Co-Reporter for Transnational Insolvency: Global Principles for Cooperation in International Insolvency Cases, an ALI Report published in 2012. He currently serves as chairman of European thinktank, the Conference on European Restructuring and Insolvency Law.
- ALI Council's Jan. meeting finishes today. In order for any portion of a project draft to be fully approved and the… https://t.co/D18iI9TSd1@AmLawInstJan 21
- In one week, ALI member Kristin Nicole Henning @GeorgetownLaw will discuss her book 'The Rage of Innocence: How Ame… https://t.co/ZdW9Inv0Sa@AmLawInstJan 21
- Patricia Lee Refo @SWLawNews was awarded the Medal of Honor from @worldjurist for her work promoting the rule of la… https://t.co/GIReq0oFJH@AmLawInstJan 21
- Today's ALI Council meeting includes project discussions on Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault, Policing, Property,… https://t.co/usrEXqSOHJ@AmLawInstJan 20
- M. Elizabeth Magill has been nominated as the ninth president of @penn. A full vote on Magill’s nomination will tak… https://t.co/ZFtjJhNPAp@AmLawInstJan 20