Vicki C. Jackson New AALS President
Vicki C. Jackson of Harvard Law School is president of the Association of American Law Schools (AALS) after delivering her inaugural address at the AALS Annual Meeting in New Orleans, which took place from Jan. 2-6.
“For more than a century, the Association of American Law Schools has advanced excellence in legal education and I am honored and humbled by the opportunity to serve as its president,” said Professor Jackson. “Legal institutions, representation and elections, and institutions of higher learning all play critically important roles in our constitutional democracy, and all face significant new challenges. I look forward to working with our member schools to consider how legal education can best help prepare our students to meet those challenges, whether as advocates, counselors, legislators, or leaders in business, community, or government.”
Professor Jackson takes over from 2018 AALS President Wendy Collins Perdue of University of Richmond School of Law, who will now serve as Immediate Past President on the AALS Executive Committee.
Read more here.
- Carol F. Lee, ALI Council member and @YaleLawSch alum, received ALI's Distinguished Service Award at this year’s An… https://t.co/zaujOzsFVV@AmLawInstJun 21
- “Why Is Defining Consent So Difficult?”– In this episode of #ReasonablySpeaking Aya Gruber of @ColoLaw and Jennif… https://t.co/vZhmSudUsX@AmLawInstJun 20
- Watch @MWildeAnderson of @StanfordLaw discuss her scholarship on geographically concentrated poverty and the growin… https://t.co/llJCVNaAv4@AmLawInstJun 20
- In a recent article for Law360 Access to Justice, @ANatapoff of @UCILaw examines the misdemeanor process in the U.S… https://t.co/kk8J2c4Q22@AmLawInstJun 19
- Watch Retired #SCOTUS Associate Justice Anthony M. Kennedy’s full remarks upon receiving ALI's Henry J. Friendly Me… https://t.co/GGSpSsRDLT@AmLawInstJun 19