ALI Members Elected to the American Academy
The American Academy of Arts & Sciences recently announced the election of its newest members, which include ALI members Mariano-Florentino Cuellar of the California Supreme Court, Risa L. Goluboff of University of Virginia School of Law, Mark A. Lemley of Stanford Law School, and Associate Justice Sonia M. Sotomayor of the U.S. Supreme Court.
“This class of 2018 is a testament to the Academy’s ability to both uphold our 238-year commitment to honor exceptional individuals and to recognize new expertise,” said Nancy C. Andrews, the Chair of the Board of the American Academy. “John Adams, James Bowdoin, and other founders did not imagine climatology, econometrics, gene regulation, nanostructures, or Netflix. They did, however, have a vision that the Academy would be dedicated to new knowledge – and these new members help us achieve that goal.”
The full list of the new member class is available here.
- Reporters @barryfriedman1 and @brandonlgarrett continue to receive comment on Policing Principles - now from… https://t.co/jtZFzsh3Eb@AmLawInstMay 20
- Frank Sullivan @IUMcKinney provides comment on the justification for encounters Section of Policing principles.… https://t.co/F2O731oJoe@AmLawInstMay 20
- The first project on today’s agenda is Principles of the Law, Policing with Reporter Barry Friedman and Associate R… https://t.co/nYlEXtb8yd@AmLawInstMay 20
- Our Annual Meeting is underway. Check out this year's #AM96 agenda on our website https://t.co/0XmZ7mYxHhhttps://t.co/tJevncWZXz@AmLawInstMay 20
- Thank you to our panelists for today’s program on Ethics Dilemmas Confronted by Government Lawyers. If you couldn’t… https://t.co/LFy8E5ZG6B@AmLawInstMay 19