ALI Members Elected to the American Academy
The American Academy of Arts & Sciences recently announced the election of its newest members, which include ALI members Mariano-Florentino Cuellar of the California Supreme Court, Risa L. Goluboff of University of Virginia School of Law, Mark A. Lemley of Stanford Law School, and Associate Justice Sonia M. Sotomayor of the U.S. Supreme Court.
“This class of 2018 is a testament to the Academy’s ability to both uphold our 238-year commitment to honor exceptional individuals and to recognize new expertise,” said Nancy C. Andrews, the Chair of the Board of the American Academy. “John Adams, James Bowdoin, and other founders did not imagine climatology, econometrics, gene regulation, nanostructures, or Netflix. They did, however, have a vision that the Academy would be dedicated to new knowledge – and these new members help us achieve that goal.”
The full list of the new member class is available here.
- Listen to our most recent episode of #ReasonablySpeaking “American Indian Law: When Two Sovereigns Collide” featuri… https://t.co/QkiGNMGU0J@AmLawInstMar 22
- #TBT to our “Protecting Individual Liberties” episode on #ReasonablySpeaking. In this episode, Cal. Supreme Court J… https://t.co/Jj7aqS0vaQ@AmLawInstMar 21
- Each ALI project undergoes a substantial review and voting process before it is ready for publication. Learn more a… https://t.co/Y2KCULNqOL@AmLawInstMar 21
- American Indian Law: When Two Sovereigns Collide” on #ReasonablySpeaking passes the mic to Indian Law experts Matth… https://t.co/FrtcTtX4j1@AmLawInstMar 19
- Tomorrow’s new episode of #ReasonablySpeaking will address the nuanced and highly complex field of American Indian… https://t.co/w9iOSvt1I4@AmLawInstMar 18