Michael Holston Named Senior VP and GC of General Electric
Michael J. Holston will join GE as the Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary effective April 9, 2018. Mr. Holston will lead the company’s global legal, compliance and ethics, corporate secretary and environment health & safety organizations. He will report to GE Chairman and CEO John Flannery.
Mr. Holston previously served as Executive Vice President and General Counsel for Merck & Co., Inc. He joined in 2012 as Executive Vice President and Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer. At Merck, Mr. Holston provided leadership to global legal affairs for the Company, global safety and the environment, and global security and aviation functions as well as public policy, communications and ethics and compliance.
Mr. Holston said, “I am humbled to have the opportunity to lead GE’s global legal organization, to work with John and his new leadership team and to contribute to GE, an iconic company, as it transforms for the future.”
An ALI member since 2014, Mr. Holston serves on the Members Consultative Group for ALI’s Compliance Principles Project.
Read the full GE press release.
- All ALI members and amazing leaders in the law school community. https://t.co/a7xpepkqmr@AmLawInstAug 3
- ALI member Laura E. Gómez of @UCLA_Law has written a new book, “Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism.”… https://t.co/BWWHwVW5M2@AmLawInstJul 31
- #FBF to “Coping with COVID: Legal Services Organizations on the Frontlines” on #ReasonablySpeaking. @NLSLA Executiv… https://t.co/iPVZQjgDoY@AmLawInstJul 31
- Read now: A review and recommendation for ALI member Judge Raymond M. Kethledge’s book "Lead Yourself First" (co-au… https://t.co/cWIDCYfEnL@AmLawInstJul 30
- Coming soon: The latest episode of #ReasonablySpeaking produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw brings togeth… https://t.co/n1kEuVVjXV@AmLawInstJul 29