Michael Holston Named Senior VP and GC of General Electric
Michael J. Holston will join GE as the Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary effective April 9, 2018. Mr. Holston will lead the company’s global legal, compliance and ethics, corporate secretary and environment health & safety organizations. He will report to GE Chairman and CEO John Flannery.
Mr. Holston previously served as Executive Vice President and General Counsel for Merck & Co., Inc. He joined in 2012 as Executive Vice President and Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer. At Merck, Mr. Holston provided leadership to global legal affairs for the Company, global safety and the environment, and global security and aviation functions as well as public policy, communications and ethics and compliance.
Mr. Holston said, “I am humbled to have the opportunity to lead GE’s global legal organization, to work with John and his new leadership team and to contribute to GE, an iconic company, as it transforms for the future.”
An ALI member since 2014, Mr. Holston serves on the Members Consultative Group for ALI’s Compliance Principles Project.
Read the full GE press release.
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30
- Benjamin Lerner of Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas (Retired) received the 2023 Alumni Impact Award from @pennlaw… https://t.co/qTl0t1vJq4@AmLawInstMay 26