2019 Leon Silverman Lecture Series
The Leon Silverman Lecture Series, sponsored by the Supreme Court Historical Society, features lectures about unique and interesting events in the history of the Supreme Court. The theme for 2019 series is “Dissenting at the Supreme Court—New Perspectives.”
This year’s lecture series is split into four parts and features three ALI members on the roster – Mark R. Killenbeck of University of Arkansas School of Law, Justin Driver of Yale Law School, and Charles J. Cooper of Cooper & Kirk.
Professor Driver will deliver his lecture, “Prescient Dissents—Justice Bradley and the Slaughter-House Cases” on Nov. 6, and Mr. Cooper will conclude the series with his lecture, “The Lone Dissenter—Associate Justice William Rehnquist” on Nov. 20.
View the full list of speakers and purchase tickets here.
- Christopher Drahozal @kuLawschool lays out grounds for vacatur of U.S. Convention awards at today’s… https://t.co/j3o7wFKahG@AmLawInstNov 20
- NY Arbitration Week begins with a program on Restatement of Int’l Commercial and Investor-State Arbitration… https://t.co/KMIjXA61Fg@AmLawInstNov 20
- Children and the Law Reporter Elizabeth Scott of @ColumbiaLaw and Associate Reporter Clare Huntington of… https://t.co/7cQyN5uW9R@AmLawInstNov 18
- Children and the Law Reporter Elizabeth Scott of @ColumbiaLaw and Associate Reporter Clare Huntington of… https://t.co/SHUTQadnPY@AmLawInstNov 18
- ALI member Judge Richard Gergel recently sat down with ALI President David F. Levi of @DukeLaw to discuss his book… https://t.co/xzWDLwDmFP@AmLawInstNov 18