2019 Leon Silverman Lecture Series
The Leon Silverman Lecture Series, sponsored by the Supreme Court Historical Society, features lectures about unique and interesting events in the history of the Supreme Court. The theme for 2019 series is “Dissenting at the Supreme Court—New Perspectives.”
This year’s lecture series is split into four parts and features three ALI members on the roster – Mark R. Killenbeck of University of Arkansas School of Law, Justin Driver of Yale Law School, and Charles J. Cooper of Cooper & Kirk.
Professor Driver will deliver his lecture, “Prescient Dissents—Justice Bradley and the Slaughter-House Cases” on Nov. 6, and Mr. Cooper will conclude the series with his lecture, “The Lone Dissenter—Associate Justice William Rehnquist” on Nov. 20.
View the full list of speakers and purchase tickets here.
- ALI Council's Jan. meeting finishes today. In order for any portion of a project draft to be fully approved and the… https://t.co/D18iI9TSd1@AmLawInstJan 21
- In one week, ALI member Kristin Nicole Henning @GeorgetownLaw will discuss her book 'The Rage of Innocence: How Ame… https://t.co/ZdW9Inv0Sa@AmLawInstJan 21
- Patricia Lee Refo @SWLawNews was awarded the Medal of Honor from @worldjurist for her work promoting the rule of la… https://t.co/GIReq0oFJH@AmLawInstJan 21
- Today's ALI Council meeting includes project discussions on Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault, Policing, Property,… https://t.co/usrEXqSOHJ@AmLawInstJan 20
- M. Elizabeth Magill has been nominated as the ninth president of @penn. A full vote on Magill’s nomination will tak… https://t.co/ZFtjJhNPAp@AmLawInstJan 20