2021 Hancher-Finkbine Alumni Medallion Awarded to Cynthia E. Nance
Cynthia E. Nance of the University of Arkansas School of Law has been awarded the University of Iowa 2021 Hancher-Finkbine Alumni Medallion. One of the University of Iowa’s highest honors, the medallion recognizes those who exemplify learning, leadership, and loyalty.
"Professor Nance's national stature as a leader in legal education, her demonstrated commitment to social justice issues and her passion for helping her students—current and former—make her an exceptional leader," said Margaret Sova McCabe, dean of the law school. "This award is a tribute to her remarkable work and personal warmth, and we are so proud of her."
Nance is dean emeritus and the Nathan G. Gordon Professor of Law at the University of Arkansas School of Law. Her teaching focuses on labor and employment law, workplace legislation, and poverty law. She was Arkansas Law’s first director of pro bono and community engagement.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16