ABC News Talks to Tom Baker about Covid Coverage Litigation Tracker
In light of the surge of universities and businesses suing insurance companies to recover losses suffered during the pandemic, Tom Baker of University of Pennsylvania Carey School of Law was interviewed by ABC News for his work on the Covid Coverage Litigation Tracker. The tracker provides empirical research on insurance disputes and resolutions during the pandemic.
“Early in the pandemic, most lawsuits were filed by smaller businesses and had an air of desperation,” Baker told ABC News. “But many of the most recent cases are being brought by larger, more robust businesses in a "thoughtful and measured way."
Baker is a leading scholar of insurance law and policy. He served as Reporter for Restatement of the Law, Liability Insurance, published in 2019.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16