ABC News Talks to Tom Baker about Covid Coverage Litigation Tracker
In light of the surge of universities and businesses suing insurance companies to recover losses suffered during the pandemic, Tom Baker of University of Pennsylvania Carey School of Law was interviewed by ABC News for his work on the Covid Coverage Litigation Tracker. The tracker provides empirical research on insurance disputes and resolutions during the pandemic.
“Early in the pandemic, most lawsuits were filed by smaller businesses and had an air of desperation,” Baker told ABC News. “But many of the most recent cases are being brought by larger, more robust businesses in a "thoughtful and measured way."
Baker is a leading scholar of insurance law and policy. He served as Reporter for Restatement of the Law, Liability Insurance, published in 2019.
- The abstract for 'Improving (and Avoiding) Interstate Interpretive Encounters' is available on The ALI Adviser:… https://t.co/sHIq24JfoF@AmLawInstSep 29
- . @daniellecitron has authored ‘The Fight for Privacy, Protecting Dignity, Identity and Love in our Digital Age,’ di… https://t.co/5V0wlofT0P@AmLawInstSep 29
- Sarah S. Vance of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana is the recipient of the 2022 Edward… https://t.co/YyUx80mxZY@AmLawInstSep 28
- . @DebroahNArcher is the next director of @nyulaw’s Clinical and Advocacy Programs, effective January 2023.… https://t.co/2TQaEXlszu@AmLawInstSep 26
- Following her retirement from the @uscourts, U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, Margaret B Sey… https://t.co/FfZHzQAeyN@AmLawInstSep 22