ALI Chief Reporter for Employment Law Chairs Labor Conference
NYU Law professor Samuel Estreicher, the Chief Reporter on the Restatement of Employment Law, is chairing the 68th Annual Conference on Labor on Thursday-Friday, June 4-5, 2015. Hosted by the NYU Center for Labor and Employment Law, the conference is titled “Who Is An Employee? And Who Is The Employer?” It will explore cutting-edge issues such as when companies may classify service providers as independent contractors rather than employees.
Two ALI members who served as Reporters on the Restatement of Employment Law will present at the conference. Boston Law professor Michael C. Harper will present a session titled “The Restatement of Employment Law’s ‘Entrepreneurial Control’ Test,” and Saint Louis University Law professor Matthew Bodie will present “Independent Contractor Organizations.” Visit the conference website to view the complete agenda and to register.
- ALI Council's Jan. meeting finishes today. In order for any portion of a project draft to be fully approved and the… https://t.co/D18iI9TSd1@AmLawInstJan 21
- In one week, ALI member Kristin Nicole Henning @GeorgetownLaw will discuss her book 'The Rage of Innocence: How Ame… https://t.co/ZdW9Inv0Sa@AmLawInstJan 21
- Patricia Lee Refo @SWLawNews was awarded the Medal of Honor from @worldjurist for her work promoting the rule of la… https://t.co/GIReq0oFJH@AmLawInstJan 21
- Today's ALI Council meeting includes project discussions on Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault, Policing, Property,… https://t.co/usrEXqSOHJ@AmLawInstJan 20
- M. Elizabeth Magill has been nominated as the ninth president of @penn. A full vote on Magill’s nomination will tak… https://t.co/ZFtjJhNPAp@AmLawInstJan 20