Alfred Mathewson Named Co-Dean of The University of New Mexico School of Law
Effective Aug. 1, ALI member Alfred Mathewson will be named co-dean of The University of New Mexico School of Law with Professor Sergio Pareja. The two will replace David Herring, who announced in May that he would step down after serving as dean for two years to return to teaching.
Professor Mathewson has served on the faculty since 1983 and was associate dean for academics between 1997 and 2002. He teaches antitrust law, business planning, sports law, minority business enterprises and corporate governance. Elected to the ALI in 2005, he serves on the Members Consultative Groups for a few of the Institute’s projects.
“This is a critical point in the law school’s history and I am pleased to have the opportunity to serve with my colleague and friend, Professor Pareja,” Professor Mathewson said. “We have forged a strong working relationship over the years; we complement each other well and will make a great team.”
- Robert H. Mundheim @ShearmanLaw received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Arizona James E.… https://t.co/YkNyeG5DNC@AmLawInstJun 13
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30