Alfred Mathewson Named Co-Dean of The University of New Mexico School of Law
Effective Aug. 1, ALI member Alfred Mathewson will be named co-dean of The University of New Mexico School of Law with Professor Sergio Pareja. The two will replace David Herring, who announced in May that he would step down after serving as dean for two years to return to teaching.
Professor Mathewson has served on the faculty since 1983 and was associate dean for academics between 1997 and 2002. He teaches antitrust law, business planning, sports law, minority business enterprises and corporate governance. Elected to the ALI in 2005, he serves on the Members Consultative Groups for a few of the Institute’s projects.
“This is a critical point in the law school’s history and I am pleased to have the opportunity to serve with my colleague and friend, Professor Pareja,” Professor Mathewson said. “We have forged a strong working relationship over the years; we complement each other well and will make a great team.”
- ALI Council's Jan. meeting finishes today. In order for any portion of a project draft to be fully approved and the… https://t.co/D18iI9TSd1@AmLawInstJan 21
- In one week, ALI member Kristin Nicole Henning @GeorgetownLaw will discuss her book 'The Rage of Innocence: How Ame… https://t.co/ZdW9Inv0Sa@AmLawInstJan 21
- Patricia Lee Refo @SWLawNews was awarded the Medal of Honor from @worldjurist for her work promoting the rule of la… https://t.co/GIReq0oFJH@AmLawInstJan 21
- Today's ALI Council meeting includes project discussions on Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault, Policing, Property,… https://t.co/usrEXqSOHJ@AmLawInstJan 20
- M. Elizabeth Magill has been nominated as the ninth president of @penn. A full vote on Magill’s nomination will tak… https://t.co/ZFtjJhNPAp@AmLawInstJan 20