ALI Members on Attorney-Client Privilege
A Vox article discussing the applicability of attorney-client privilege features commentary from Diane Marie Amann of the University of Georgia School of Law, David Alan Sklansky of Stanford Law School, and Christopher Slobogin of Vanderbilt University Law School.
The discussion comes in the wake of Donald Trump Jr.’s response to the House Intelligence Committee’s questions about a conversation held during a June 2016 meeting with a Russian lawyer connected to the Kremlin. After refusing to disclose details of that conversation, Trump Jr. asserted that the presence of a lawyer made the information exchanged during that conversation subject to attorney-client privilege.
Read the full Vox article.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16