ALI Members Elected to the AAAS
The American Academy of Arts & Sciences (AAAS) has announced the election of its newest members, which includes ALI members Rachel E. Barkow of NYU School of Law, Merrick B. Garland of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, , President and Director-Counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. Sherrilyn Ifill, Goodwin H. Liu of the Supreme Court of California, Tracey L. Meares of Yale Law School, and Nathaniel Persily of Stanford Law School.
Academy members are leaders in the arts and sciences, business, philanthropy, and public affairs. They are based across the United States and around the world. These elected members explore challenges facing society, identify solutions, and promote nonpartisan recommendations that advance the public good.
“One of the reasons to honor extraordinary achievement is because the pursuit of excellence is so often accompanied by disappointment and self-doubt,” said David W. Oxtoby, President of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. “We are pleased to recognize the excellence of our new members, celebrate their compelling accomplishments, and invite them to join the Academy and contribute to its work.”
The new class will be inducted at a ceremony in October 2019 in Cambridge, Massachusetts. View the complete list here.
- ALI member Stephen Carter of @YaleLawSch participates in @SimonsRock Book One conversation on his latest book, "Inv… https://t.co/6m4T43uQ9D@AmLawInstSep 20
- Finishing off the week with Restatement 3rd Intentional Torts project meeting. Reporters Ken Simons @UCILaw and Jon… https://t.co/2SIuwcAVRx@AmLawInstSep 20
- Listen to Reporters Matthew Fletcher @ILPCTurtleTalk and Wenona Singel discuss the rights of Amer. Indians as both… https://t.co/fgLmgOqjZd@AmLawInstSep 19
- In a recent @lawdotcom article, ALI member Randy Maniloff @WhiteandWil sits down with author and lawyer @HabenGirma… https://t.co/xMDZnDYwin@AmLawInstSep 19
- Did you know that most allotments of Indian reservations were authorized by Acts of Congress and administered by th… https://t.co/ixG1s92qcY@AmLawInstSep 19