ALI Members Elected to the AAAS
The American Academy of Arts & Sciences (AAAS) has announced the election of its newest members, which includes ALI members Rachel E. Barkow of NYU School of Law, Merrick B. Garland of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, , President and Director-Counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. Sherrilyn Ifill, Goodwin H. Liu of the Supreme Court of California, Tracey L. Meares of Yale Law School, and Nathaniel Persily of Stanford Law School.
Academy members are leaders in the arts and sciences, business, philanthropy, and public affairs. They are based across the United States and around the world. These elected members explore challenges facing society, identify solutions, and promote nonpartisan recommendations that advance the public good.
“One of the reasons to honor extraordinary achievement is because the pursuit of excellence is so often accompanied by disappointment and self-doubt,” said David W. Oxtoby, President of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. “We are pleased to recognize the excellence of our new members, celebrate their compelling accomplishments, and invite them to join the Academy and contribute to its work.”
The new class will be inducted at a ceremony in October 2019 in Cambridge, Massachusetts. View the complete list here.
- WATCH LIVE: @ConstitutionCtr's 2020 #SCOTUS review, featuring ALI members Erwin Chemerinsky @BerkeleyLaw, Paul Clem… https://t.co/Jm3evD3L4y@AmLawInstAug 4
- All ALI members and amazing leaders in the law school community. https://t.co/a7xpepkqmr@AmLawInstAug 3
- ALI member Laura E. Gómez of @UCLA_Law has written a new book, “Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism.”… https://t.co/BWWHwVW5M2@AmLawInstJul 31
- #FBF to “Coping with COVID: Legal Services Organizations on the Frontlines” on #ReasonablySpeaking. @NLSLA Executiv… https://t.co/iPVZQjgDoY@AmLawInstJul 31
- Read now: A review and recommendation for ALI member Judge Raymond M. Kethledge’s book "Lead Yourself First" (co-au… https://t.co/cWIDCYfEnL@AmLawInstJul 30