ALI Members Elected to the AAAS
The American Academy of Arts & Sciences (AAAS) has announced the election of its newest members, which includes ALI members Rachel E. Barkow of NYU School of Law, Merrick B. Garland of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, , President and Director-Counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. Sherrilyn Ifill, Goodwin H. Liu of the Supreme Court of California, Tracey L. Meares of Yale Law School, and Nathaniel Persily of Stanford Law School.
Academy members are leaders in the arts and sciences, business, philanthropy, and public affairs. They are based across the United States and around the world. These elected members explore challenges facing society, identify solutions, and promote nonpartisan recommendations that advance the public good.
“One of the reasons to honor extraordinary achievement is because the pursuit of excellence is so often accompanied by disappointment and self-doubt,” said David W. Oxtoby, President of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. “We are pleased to recognize the excellence of our new members, celebrate their compelling accomplishments, and invite them to join the Academy and contribute to its work.”
The new class will be inducted at a ceremony in October 2019 in Cambridge, Massachusetts. View the complete list here.
- In remembrance of the late John Paul Stevens – Watch Justice Stevens in conversation with his former clerk, and ALI… https://t.co/YsRgWgBW5u@AmLawInstJul 19
- In our most recent episode of #ReasonablySpeaking, former U.S. Solicitor General Paul Clement @Kirkland_Ellis refle… https://t.co/M0FgyYq3kR@AmLawInstJul 19
- Congratulations to ALI member Dr. Heath P. Tarbert on beginning his term as 14th Chairman of @CFTC. Learn more:… https://t.co/edEQRIVUG4@AmLawInstJul 18
- Out now: Part II of “May It Please the Court” with Paul Clement. Check out Part I with Nicole Saharsky, Seth Waxman… https://t.co/S3C9EHGvmj@AmLawInstJul 18
- ALI Council member Jeffrey Sutton was recently featured on @Gladwell’s podcast Revisionist History. Judge Sutton di… https://t.co/VUNPWHwSYO@AmLawInstJul 18