ALI Members at FJA Quadrennial Conference
On May 6-8, the Federal Judges Association hosted its Ninth Quadrennial Conference. The conference celebrated the 150th Anniversary of the Fourteenth Amendment with panel discussions on the role of the judiciary post Brown v. Board of Education and the modern day approaches to civil rights issues.
William C. Hubbard of Nelson Mullins moderated a panel discussion with ALI President David F. Levi of Duke Law School, ALI Chair of the Council Roberta Cooper Ramo of Modrall Sperling, and Federal Judicial Center Director Jeremy D. Fogel on the topic of the Independence of the Judiciary.
Additional ALI members who participated in conference presentations and panel discussions include Bernice B. Donald of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, Marilyn L. Huff of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Jeffrey Rosen of the National Constitution Center, and Carl E. Stewart of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- In remembrance of the late John Paul Stevens – Watch Justice Stevens in conversation with his former clerk, and ALI… https://t.co/YsRgWgBW5u@AmLawInstJul 19
- In our most recent episode of #ReasonablySpeaking, former U.S. Solicitor General Paul Clement @Kirkland_Ellis refle… https://t.co/M0FgyYq3kR@AmLawInstJul 19
- Congratulations to ALI member Dr. Heath P. Tarbert on beginning his term as 14th Chairman of @CFTC. Learn more:… https://t.co/edEQRIVUG4@AmLawInstJul 18
- Out now: Part II of “May It Please the Court” with Paul Clement. Check out Part I with Nicole Saharsky, Seth Waxman… https://t.co/S3C9EHGvmj@AmLawInstJul 18
- ALI Council member Jeffrey Sutton was recently featured on @Gladwell’s podcast Revisionist History. Judge Sutton di… https://t.co/VUNPWHwSYO@AmLawInstJul 18