ALI Members at FJA Quadrennial Conference
On May 6-8, the Federal Judges Association hosted its Ninth Quadrennial Conference. The conference celebrated the 150th Anniversary of the Fourteenth Amendment with panel discussions on the role of the judiciary post Brown v. Board of Education and the modern day approaches to civil rights issues.
William C. Hubbard of Nelson Mullins moderated a panel discussion with ALI President David F. Levi of Duke Law School, ALI Chair of the Council Roberta Cooper Ramo of Modrall Sperling, and Federal Judicial Center Director Jeremy D. Fogel on the topic of the Independence of the Judiciary.
Additional ALI members who participated in conference presentations and panel discussions include Bernice B. Donald of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, Marilyn L. Huff of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Jeffrey Rosen of the National Constitution Center, and Carl E. Stewart of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Intentional Torts Restatement session at today’s Council meeting included discussion on Privileges and Consent. … https://t.co/7LAgHLowxy@AmLawInstOct 19
- Watch a short video and learn more about the Children and The Law Restatement project on The ALI Adviser.… https://t.co/hPYmdpWwWv@AmLawInstOct 19
- Day 2 of our Council meeting begins with Children and the Law Restatement, including discussions on parental author… https://t.co/JumoEGNlRR@AmLawInstOct 19
- Congratulations to all our newly elected members! View the full list on https://t.co/H2Yifa92ph:… https://t.co/QWRnIugucB@AmLawInstOct 18
- Read about technology, corporate compliance, and The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act on The ALI Adviser. @AILawBlog… https://t.co/YOxNfrT02L@AmLawInstOct 18