ALI Members at FJA Quadrennial Conference
On May 6-8, the Federal Judges Association hosted its Ninth Quadrennial Conference. The conference celebrated the 150th Anniversary of the Fourteenth Amendment with panel discussions on the role of the judiciary post Brown v. Board of Education and the modern day approaches to civil rights issues.
William C. Hubbard of Nelson Mullins moderated a panel discussion with ALI President David F. Levi of Duke Law School, ALI Chair of the Council Roberta Cooper Ramo of Modrall Sperling, and Federal Judicial Center Director Jeremy D. Fogel on the topic of the Independence of the Judiciary.
Additional ALI members who participated in conference presentations and panel discussions include Bernice B. Donald of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, Marilyn L. Huff of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Jeffrey Rosen of the National Constitution Center, and Carl E. Stewart of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- In light of the recent disruptions to in-person elections due to COVID-19, & the potential for a larger-than-averag… https://t.co/xcVzlQkZHG@AmLawInstMay 29
- #ICYMI – In this video, Reporters Kermit Roosevelt III @pennlaw, Laura Little @TempleLaw, and Christopher Whytock… https://t.co/LUjp7sDs36@AmLawInstMay 29
- #TBT to Season One of #ReasonablySpeaking with our two-part episode on "Race and Policing" featuring… https://t.co/Lessf5Wmi4@AmLawInstMay 28
- #ICYMI – “Medical Malpractice in the Restatement Third of Torts.” This episode of #ReasonablySpeaking explores medi… https://t.co/gnwp2f22g1@AmLawInstMay 27
- In this video, project Reporters Matthew Fletcher @MSULaw ( @ILPCTurtleTalk) and Kaighn Smith Jr. @DrummondWoodsum p… https://t.co/8yvxwpu24O@AmLawInstMay 22