ALI Members at FJA Quadrennial Conference
On May 6-8, the Federal Judges Association hosted its Ninth Quadrennial Conference. The conference celebrated the 150th Anniversary of the Fourteenth Amendment with panel discussions on the role of the judiciary post Brown v. Board of Education and the modern day approaches to civil rights issues.
William C. Hubbard of Nelson Mullins moderated a panel discussion with ALI President David F. Levi of Duke Law School, ALI Chair of the Council Roberta Cooper Ramo of Modrall Sperling, and Federal Judicial Center Director Jeremy D. Fogel on the topic of the Independence of the Judiciary.
Additional ALI members who participated in conference presentations and panel discussions include Bernice B. Donald of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, Marilyn L. Huff of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Jeffrey Rosen of the National Constitution Center, and Carl E. Stewart of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- ALI member Stephen Carter of @YaleLawSch participates in @SimonsRock Book One conversation on his latest book, "Inv… https://t.co/6m4T43uQ9D@AmLawInstSep 20
- Finishing off the week with Restatement 3rd Intentional Torts project meeting. Reporters Ken Simons @UCILaw and Jon… https://t.co/2SIuwcAVRx@AmLawInstSep 20
- Listen to Reporters Matthew Fletcher @ILPCTurtleTalk and Wenona Singel discuss the rights of Amer. Indians as both… https://t.co/fgLmgOqjZd@AmLawInstSep 19
- In a recent @lawdotcom article, ALI member Randy Maniloff @WhiteandWil sits down with author and lawyer @HabenGirma… https://t.co/xMDZnDYwin@AmLawInstSep 19
- Did you know that most allotments of Indian reservations were authorized by Acts of Congress and administered by th… https://t.co/ixG1s92qcY@AmLawInstSep 19