Andre Davis Is Baltimore’s Next City Solicitor
Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh has announced that Andre M. Davis of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit has been appointed Baltimore’s City Solicitor, effective September 1.
“He brings a wealth of legal knowledge and experience to this position,” Mayor Pugh said of Judge Davis. “Baltimore is very fortunate. He has a great track record. He has distinguished himself throughout his career.”
Before joining the federal bench, Judge Davis was a Baltimore City Circuit Court judge, a federal prosecutor, and a housing manager in city government. President Bill Clinton appointed Judge Davis to the federal bench in 1995, and President Barack Obama appointed him to the appeals court in 2009.
Learn more about Judge Davis and his recent appointment in The Baltimore Sun .
- #TBT to last spring's Policing Principles project meeting with Reporter Barry Friedman, and project participants Sh… https://t.co/9yokqfxjEL@AmLawInstAug 22
- Listen now to “American Indian Law: When Two Sovereigns Collide” on #ReasonablySpeaking. In this episode Indian Law… https://t.co/E7PbjjsNqO@AmLawInstAug 21
- On August 19, California Governor Gavin Newsom signed AB 392 into law, enacting one of the strongest use-of-force l… https://t.co/d1q259bKDO@AmLawInstAug 21
- ALI member and former Solicitor General Michael Dreeben responds to a series of @SCOTUSblog tributes honoring his d… https://t.co/zFTpPGoiyC@AmLawInstAug 20
- ALI Director Richard L. Revesz addresses the role of Restatements in the Summer Edition of The ALI Reporter. Read… https://t.co/SEjnFVbx7X@AmLawInstAug 20