Andre Davis Is Baltimore’s Next City Solicitor
Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh has announced that Andre M. Davis of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit has been appointed Baltimore’s City Solicitor, effective September 1.
“He brings a wealth of legal knowledge and experience to this position,” Mayor Pugh said of Judge Davis. “Baltimore is very fortunate. He has a great track record. He has distinguished himself throughout his career.”
Before joining the federal bench, Judge Davis was a Baltimore City Circuit Court judge, a federal prosecutor, and a housing manager in city government. President Bill Clinton appointed Judge Davis to the federal bench in 1995, and President Barack Obama appointed him to the appeals court in 2009.
Learn more about Judge Davis and his recent appointment in The Baltimore Sun .
- John Lovett of @LOYNOLAW discusses “The International Reach of the Restatement (Third) Property: Servitudes” on The… https://t.co/dVz2nheNKs@AmLawInstDec 12
- ALI member Nancy Kim @CWSL_News will be presenting a talk on “Social and Business Problems Created by Ubiquitous Wr… https://t.co/ogsjKTEo5M@AmLawInstDec 6
- #AmericasTownHall continues with ALI member John S. Cooke of the Federal Judicial Center moderating a conversation… https://t.co/RejyFzm3ID@AmLawInstDec 5
- Christopher Slobogin of @vanderbiltlaw and @Laura_K_Donohue of @GeorgetownLaw join @RosenJeffrey for this morning's… https://t.co/ul6MWRNFoz@AmLawInstDec 5
- Today’s #AmericasTownHall discussion at the @ConstitutionCtr, “The Fourth Amendment and Privacy: Historical Perspec… https://t.co/FNNQiY7T9o@AmLawInstDec 5