Angela Onwuachi-Willig Named Inaugural Ryan Roth Gallo and Ernest J. Gallo Professor
Angela Onwuachi-Willig, Dean and Professor of Law at Boston University School of Law, has been named the inaugural Ryan Roth Gallo and Ernest J. Gallo Professor.
Endowed by Ryan Roth Gallo, vice chair of BU’s Board of Trustees, and her husband, Ernest J. Gallo, the professorship is not only the first one at BU School of Law to support a faculty member whose research focuses on critical race theory (CRT), the study of systemic racism and its effects, with a preferred focus on the intersection of race and gender, it is the first professorship in CRT in the country.
Dean Onwuachi-Willig is a renowned scholar in critical race theory and an expert in racial and gender inequality, as well as antidiscrimination law. Before coming to BU School of Law she served as Chancellor’s Professor of Law at the University of California, Berkeley School of Law; the Charles and Marion Kierscht Professor of Law at the University of Iowa College of Law; and Acting (Assistant) Professor of Law at the University of California, Davis School of Law.
Learn more here.
- Linda Sheryl Greene is @UMichLaw’s new dean and MSU Foundation Professor of Law. https://t.co/uNExhBZVfmhttps://t.co/Sak9BzqSxD@AmLawInstJun 11
- This week marked the close of #ALI2021 Annual Meeting. #TBT to “Completing an ALI Project: Lessons from Reporters”… https://t.co/cG6Da7LQqH@AmLawInstJun 10
- The final project of this year’s #ALI2021 virtual Annual Meeting is Restatement of the Law, Copyright. Judge Pierre… https://t.co/uZ9xd7u2UK@AmLawInstJun 8
- Today is the first time Property has been presented to membership at an Annual Meeting, which includes a discussion… https://t.co/Oo3wNlMRGw@AmLawInstJun 8
- Today’s #ALI2021 session on Property includes a discussion on property torts. Henry Smith and John Goldberg discuss… https://t.co/Z0gTSTkx7H@AmLawInstJun 8