Angela Onwuachi-Willig Named Inaugural Ryan Roth Gallo and Ernest J. Gallo Professor
Angela Onwuachi-Willig, Dean and Professor of Law at Boston University School of Law, has been named the inaugural Ryan Roth Gallo and Ernest J. Gallo Professor.
Endowed by Ryan Roth Gallo, vice chair of BU’s Board of Trustees, and her husband, Ernest J. Gallo, the professorship is not only the first one at BU School of Law to support a faculty member whose research focuses on critical race theory (CRT), the study of systemic racism and its effects, with a preferred focus on the intersection of race and gender, it is the first professorship in CRT in the country.
Dean Onwuachi-Willig is a renowned scholar in critical race theory and an expert in racial and gender inequality, as well as antidiscrimination law. Before coming to BU School of Law she served as Chancellor’s Professor of Law at the University of California, Berkeley School of Law; the Charles and Marion Kierscht Professor of Law at the University of Iowa College of Law; and Acting (Assistant) Professor of Law at the University of California, Davis School of Law.
Learn more here.
- . @BandesSusan of @DePaulLaw was interviewed by @Law360 on her article “Empath and Remote Legal Proceedings” discuss… https://t.co/oB4452EN6H@AmLawInstJul 30
- . @OlatiJ was featured on the final episode of the Defending the Planet podcast by @ColumbiaLaw discussing climate c… https://t.co/YgGaOJZxY7@AmLawInstJul 29
- . @ChrisOdinet was quoted in @MorningConsult on potential consequences for nonbank and fintech mortgage companies as… https://t.co/xYP2kLfTZu@AmLawInstJul 28
- Jane Cutler Greenspan, retired judge of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, discusses Title IX adjudication and reso… https://t.co/x6F7Lmx5vS@AmLawInstJul 27
- . @daniellecitron participated in a discussion with @TheProspect analyzing the different facets of Section 230, a pr… https://t.co/NAxmfwB7em@AmLawInstJul 26