Aya Gruber Lecture on Shifting Meaning of Sexual Consent
Aya Gruber of University of Colorado Law School discusses the meaning of sexual consent in the final lecture of the 2018 Colorado Law Talks series in Denver. Her research and teaching areas focus on feminist legal theory, critical race theory, and criminal law.
Colorado Law Talks is a lecture series that provides members of the community with an opportunity to hear about the lecturers' current research or teaching and to discuss the motivations and influences that shape their work. In her lecture Professor Gruber will seek to clear up the consent confusion and chart the contours of the sexual consent framework, categorizing different definitions of affirmative consent, and critically describing arguments for and against affirmative consent.
Professor Gruber's forthcoming book, The Feminist War on Crime, is under contract with the University of California Press.
Learn more here.
- All ALI members and amazing leaders in the law school community. https://t.co/a7xpepkqmr@AmLawInstAug 3
- ALI member Laura E. Gómez of @UCLA_Law has written a new book, “Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism.”… https://t.co/BWWHwVW5M2@AmLawInstJul 31
- #FBF to “Coping with COVID: Legal Services Organizations on the Frontlines” on #ReasonablySpeaking. @NLSLA Executiv… https://t.co/iPVZQjgDoY@AmLawInstJul 31
- Read now: A review and recommendation for ALI member Judge Raymond M. Kethledge’s book "Lead Yourself First" (co-au… https://t.co/cWIDCYfEnL@AmLawInstJul 30
- Coming soon: The latest episode of #ReasonablySpeaking produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw brings togeth… https://t.co/n1kEuVVjXV@AmLawInstJul 29