Aya Gruber Lecture on Shifting Meaning of Sexual Consent
Aya Gruber of University of Colorado Law School discusses the meaning of sexual consent in the final lecture of the 2018 Colorado Law Talks series in Denver. Her research and teaching areas focus on feminist legal theory, critical race theory, and criminal law.
Colorado Law Talks is a lecture series that provides members of the community with an opportunity to hear about the lecturers' current research or teaching and to discuss the motivations and influences that shape their work. In her lecture Professor Gruber will seek to clear up the consent confusion and chart the contours of the sexual consent framework, categorizing different definitions of affirmative consent, and critically describing arguments for and against affirmative consent.
Professor Gruber's forthcoming book, The Feminist War on Crime, is under contract with the University of California Press.
Learn more here.
- Watch now: ALI president and @BolchJudicial director David F. Levi and Michael Scharf of @CWRU_Law sit down for an… https://t.co/g8peGD79uk@AmLawInstOct 26
- Registration is open for the Tues. 10/27 @ALI_CLE webcast “Children and the Law: Protecting the Vulnerable in a Tim… https://t.co/Y2cBkn7CsZ@AmLawInstOct 24
- . @ALI_CLE is offering a 10/27 webcast on “Children and the Law: Protecting the Vulnerable in a Time of Crisis," wit… https://t.co/q4D8gNA8LT@AmLawInstOct 23
- #ICYMI – ALI has made Part I, Early In-Person Voting and Open Absentee Voting, of Principles of Election Administra… https://t.co/u5tTQp9ZHD@AmLawInstOct 21
- The fall edition of 'The ALI Reporter' is now available. Read the full issue: https://t.co/bUIv3xaV0Vhttps://t.co/MAl3KDRuyo@AmLawInstOct 20