Behind the Trial: Evan R. Chesler
McKool Smith and Benchmark Litigation have collaborated to produce “Behind the Trial,” a podcast series featuring thoughtful discussions with the nation’s most iconic trial lawyers. ALI Council member Evan R. Chesler of Cravath is featured in a two-part episode.
In Part One, Mr. Chesler discusses the keys of persuasion, common traits of an effective trial lawyer, the significance of the “people factor,” and how versatility is critical in the courtroom. In Part Two, he discusses the significance of the jury trial to American democracy, the limits and pitfalls of using humor in the courtroom, and the importance of maintaining credibility with a jury.
The series is hosted by trial lawyer Courtland Reichman, Managing Principal of McKool Smith’s Silicon Valley and Los Angeles offices.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16