Behind the Trial: Evan R. Chesler
McKool Smith and Benchmark Litigation have collaborated to produce “Behind the Trial,” a podcast series featuring thoughtful discussions with the nation’s most iconic trial lawyers. ALI Council member Evan R. Chesler of Cravath is featured in a two-part episode.
In Part One, Mr. Chesler discusses the keys of persuasion, common traits of an effective trial lawyer, the significance of the “people factor,” and how versatility is critical in the courtroom. In Part Two, he discusses the significance of the jury trial to American democracy, the limits and pitfalls of using humor in the courtroom, and the importance of maintaining credibility with a jury.
The series is hosted by trial lawyer Courtland Reichman, Managing Principal of McKool Smith’s Silicon Valley and Los Angeles offices.
- For almost 50 years, the Boskey Motion has allowed ALI to honor its bicameral voting requirements without excessive… https://t.co/uj9lo3ndRa@AmLawInstJan 16
- Council Meetings are an important time for the Institute. Learn more about Council and the different stages of the… https://t.co/hEeEb4pdSn@AmLawInstJan 15
- This week is all about prep for our January Council meeting. The primary functions of ALI’s Council include determi… https://t.co/rYmFuMhtM3@AmLawInstJan 14
- #TBT to last year’s January Council Meeting. ALI Council will meet next week to review drafts from six current proj… https://t.co/UEqBvNAdsG@AmLawInstJan 10
- The first issue of The ALI Reporter, our membership newsletter, was published in October 1978. Since then the publi… https://t.co/7Eou3Ycbtw@AmLawInstJan 8