Bennett Capers Named Research Chair
Fordham Law School has announced that I. Bennett Capers has been named the John D. Feerick Research Chair. The Feerick Research Chair was created in honor of John D. Feerick, dean emeritus and Norris Professor of Law, for his scholarly transformation of Fordham Law.
“Being named a research chair is already amazing, but holding a chair named after Dean Emeritus John Feerick ’61 takes this to a whole other level,” said Capers in the announcement. “It’s not just that John made Fordham Law School what it is today—a nationally recognized law school known for its scholarly excellence and commitment to students. It’s also that John, in many ways, represents the lawyerly ideal of someone who has used the law as a tool for effecting real change that makes the world a better place.”
The Feerick Research Chair is a rotating position awarded to a Fordham Law faculty member who has achieved significant scholarly distinction through their publications and the impact of their work in their field.
- Benjamin Lerner of Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas (Retired) received the 2023 Alumni Impact Award from @pennlaw… https://t.co/qTl0t1vJq4@AmLawInstMay 26
- The Annual Meeting is adjourned. Thank you to our members for their unwavering dedication to the integrity of the I… https://t.co/MV4Usfluci@AmLawInstMay 24
- ALI membership votes to approve Principles of the Law, Government Ethics, marking the completion of this project. T… https://t.co/8jlZCothJQ@AmLawInstMay 24
- The last project session of this year’s Annual Meeting is Principles of the Law, Government Ethics w/ Reporters Ric… https://t.co/UwM3bcXrB3@AmLawInstMay 24
- ALI President Emeritus Roberta Cooper Ramo shares her concern of the removal of compassion in legal representation… https://t.co/wpKxLGpTv8@AmLawInstMay 24