Bernice Donald Reviews ‘Usual Cruelty’
Bernice Donald of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit has reviewed a new book, Usual Cruelty: The Complicity of Lawyers in the Criminal Injustice System by Alec Karakatsanis. The article is part of a Law360 Expert Analysis series of book reviews from judges.
In the review Judge Donald gives a thorough analysis of the work while expressing her admiration for the author’s breakdown of the American criminal justice system and the way in which he “exposes the fractures, pitfalls and minefields of a system where every actor is potentially complicit in the ’injustice’ outcome.”
Read the full piece here.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16