Bernice Donald Reviews ‘Usual Cruelty’
Bernice Donald of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit has reviewed a new book, Usual Cruelty: The Complicity of Lawyers in the Criminal Injustice System by Alec Karakatsanis. The article is part of a Law360 Expert Analysis series of book reviews from judges.
In the review Judge Donald gives a thorough analysis of the work while expressing her admiration for the author’s breakdown of the American criminal justice system and the way in which he “exposes the fractures, pitfalls and minefields of a system where every actor is potentially complicit in the ’injustice’ outcome.”
Read the full piece here.
- Available now, “The Restatement and Beyond: The Past, Present, and Future of U.S. Foreign Relations Law.” Edited by… https://t.co/hrjii8dsYT@AmLawInstSep 24
- Now available on The ALI Adviser, @JayFeinman of @RutgersLaw provides "A User’s Guide to the Restatement of the Law… https://t.co/loNjEew8A5@AmLawInstSep 22
- ALI member Paul B. Stephan of @UVALaw has been appointed special counsel to the general counsel of the U.S. Departm… https://t.co/I9X8A3VCyF@AmLawInstSep 22
- ALI member Christiane Wendehorst of the @univienna and president of @ELI_Secretariat has joined the new Global Part… https://t.co/paAGVr7YpM@AmLawInstSep 21
- We mourn the loss of U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, legal icon and trailblazing advocate… https://t.co/QKm7AnoeKo@AmLawInstSep 19