The Brennan Legacy Awards Honoring Kenneth Frazier
The Brennan Center for Justice will honor Kenneth C. Frazier of Merck at the 2021 Brennan Legacy Awards. The annual award brings together civic, business, and philanthropic communities to celebrate leaders who advance U.S. Supreme Court Justice William J. Brennan Jr.’s ideal of “common human dignity” and pay tribute to the pro bono legal partners that make the Brennan Center’s work possible.
Frazier is Executive Chairman of Merck’s board of directors, after stepping down as CEO on July 1, 2021. He previously served as President and Chief Executive Officer since 2011. He joined the company in 1992 and held positions of increasing responsibility, including General Counsel and President.
Frazier was elected to ALI in 1996 and to the ALI Council in 2003. He is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the American Philosophical Society, The Business Council, and the American Bar Association. He is also co-chair of the Legal Services Corporation’s Leaders Council.
The 2021 Brennan Legacy Awards will be held on November 16 in New York City and via livestream.
- On the ALI Adviser: This Essay aims to translate federal Indian law and the success of McGirt in order to demonstra… https://t.co/1iJjla9hFY@AmLawInstSep 26
- . @MasonLEC ‘Civil Justice Preview of the Supreme Court’s 2021-2022 Term’ is happening now. John Beisner… https://t.co/EKA4zXjxQv@AmLawInstSep 24
- Michael E. Keasler, retired judge of the @TxCourts of Criminal Appeals, is the 2021 recipient of the… https://t.co/a8MKiXeHVt@AmLawInstSep 24
- Watch ALI President David F. Levi's remarks honoring ALI Council Emeritus Mary Kay Kane. https://t.co/4cyEalC82X@AmLawInstSep 24
- . @POTUS has nominated Kristin N. Johnson @EmoryLaw for Commissioner of @CFTC. https://t.co/B0AhHmHlhbhttps://t.co/HDFvKnG3iZ@AmLawInstSep 23