2019 Ross Lecture With Bridget McCormack
Michigan Supreme Court Chief Justice Bridget McCormack delivered the Ross Lecture in Litigation at Temple University Beasley School of Law on March 25.
Her presentation entitled “The 10 Year Anniversary of the NAS Report: Two Steps Forward of One Step Back” focused on the results of Strengthening Forensic Science: A Path Forward, a report from the National Academy of Sciences released in 2009. The Report recognized the value of forensic discipline evidence but concluded that, with the exception for DNA evidence, most disciplines lacked reliable scientific research to support their findings and the ability to conclude that a piece of evidence (such as a fingerprint) came from one person to the exclusion of all others.
In the decade since the Report’s release, Chief Justice McCormack has been integral to efforts to improve forensic discipline evidence – on the bench, as a member of the National Commission on Forensic Science, and as an author.
Full video of the Lecture is availble here.
- Congratulations to ALI members Rachel Barkow, Merrick Garland, Sherrilyn Ifill, Goodwin Liu, Tracey Meares and Nath… https://t.co/WRC7BOeiS6@AmLawInstApr 19
- Congratulations to ALI member J. Brett Busby on his appointment to the Supreme Court of Texas. Read more on… https://t.co/rpvtQDpVKZ@AmLawInstApr 19
- The Law of American Indians: Indian Country Criminal Jurisdiction. Read more on The ALI Adviser. https://t.co/DgMA9YmRTk@AmLawInstApr 19
- Congratulations to ALI members Rachel Barkow, Merrick Garland, Goodwin Liu, Tracey Meares and Nathaniel Persily on… https://t.co/WYV0EQsyKF@AmLawInstApr 19
- This week’s podcast episode of #ReasonablySpeaking deals with consumer contracts, enforceability of terms, and the… https://t.co/otx9wu5nAL@AmLawInstApr 19