BWLN Symposium: Politics, Power, & Women’s Leadership
On March 5, the Birnbaum Women’s Leadership Network is hosting its 2021 symposium on Politics, Power, and Women’s Leadership. The symposium will explore how to transform 2020’s historic levels of civic engagement into long-term gains through sustained work in the political and legal spheres.
Co-sponsored by the N.Y.U. Journal of Legislation and Public Policy, the symposium will highlight policies and legislation to support and help return women to the workforce, as well as discussing the wide range of ways to sustain and deepen civic engagement in the coming years.
The event will feature panel discussion and will conclude with a keynote conversation between Representative Katie Porter (CA-45) and Melissa Murray of NYU School of Law.
Through leadership training, research, and initiatives to advance workplace equity, the BWLN develops NYU School of Law students’ leadership skills, supports the Law School as an environment that nurtures women’s achievement, and engages the legal profession to better enable women lawyers to fulfill their potential.
The event is free and open to the public but registration is required.
Learn more and register here.
- President Biden has announced his intent to nominate ALI member Christopher Schroeder for Assistant Attorney Genera… https://t.co/JDpSucT1zq@AmLawInstApr 15
- President Biden has announced his intent to nominate ALI member Anne Milgram for Administrator of the Drug Enforcem… https://t.co/r3dAE62EOI@AmLawInstApr 14
- Henry E. Smith and John C.P. Goldberg @Harvard_Law discuss the connection property torts has to both Restatements o… https://t.co/7rqHgpADZl@AmLawInstApr 12
- Margaret Marshall @ChoateLLP, ALI Council Emeritus and former Mass. Supreme Judicial Court chief justice, to receiv… https://t.co/rEHuMwSYpg@AmLawInstApr 10
- ALI Council member Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar of the California Supreme Court will join a panel discussion with ALI… https://t.co/agpeeIMSzL@AmLawInstApr 9