BWLN Symposium: Politics, Power, & Women’s Leadership
On March 5, the Birnbaum Women’s Leadership Network is hosting its 2021 symposium on Politics, Power, and Women’s Leadership. The symposium will explore how to transform 2020’s historic levels of civic engagement into long-term gains through sustained work in the political and legal spheres.
Co-sponsored by the N.Y.U. Journal of Legislation and Public Policy, the symposium will highlight policies and legislation to support and help return women to the workforce, as well as discussing the wide range of ways to sustain and deepen civic engagement in the coming years.
The event will feature panel discussion and will conclude with a keynote conversation between Representative Katie Porter (CA-45) and Melissa Murray of NYU School of Law.
Through leadership training, research, and initiatives to advance workplace equity, the BWLN develops NYU School of Law students’ leadership skills, supports the Law School as an environment that nurtures women’s achievement, and engages the legal profession to better enable women lawyers to fulfill their potential.
The event is free and open to the public but registration is required.
Learn more and register here.
- . @BandesSusan of @DePaulLaw was interviewed by @Law360 on her article “Empath and Remote Legal Proceedings” discuss… https://t.co/oB4452EN6H@AmLawInstJul 30
- . @OlatiJ was featured on the final episode of the Defending the Planet podcast by @ColumbiaLaw discussing climate c… https://t.co/YgGaOJZxY7@AmLawInstJul 29
- . @ChrisOdinet was quoted in @MorningConsult on potential consequences for nonbank and fintech mortgage companies as… https://t.co/xYP2kLfTZu@AmLawInstJul 28
- Jane Cutler Greenspan, retired judge of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, discusses Title IX adjudication and reso… https://t.co/x6F7Lmx5vS@AmLawInstJul 27
- . @daniellecitron participated in a discussion with @TheProspect analyzing the different facets of Section 230, a pr… https://t.co/NAxmfwB7em@AmLawInstJul 26