NYT Panel: Campus Assault
Deborah Tuerkheimer and Associate Reporter Erin Murphy engage in discussion during a project meeting.
Gina Maisto Smith, a partner with Pepper Hamilton, and Deborah Tuerkheimer, Professor of Law at Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, spoke at the New York Times Higher Ed Leaders Forum on June 21, 2016. They were joined by moderator Stephanie Saul, Higher Education Reporter at The New York Times, to discuss the topic "Legal, Moral and Traumatic: Sexual Assault on Campus."
The panel acknowledged that assault procedures that are currently in place vary from one university to the next, and that they are striving to “hone in on the right procedures,” particularly “procedures for notice and the full and fair opportunity to be heard.”
Professor Tuerkheimer is an ALI member who also serves on the Members Consultative Group for the Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault and Related Offenses project.
Watch the full video on The New York Times website.
- In an effort to provide election administration officials with information regarding the implementation of proper p… https://t.co/ZHPVw1TvTv@AmLawInstMar 30
- ALI member Melinda Davis Lux joins @ucbi as its executive vice president, general counsel, and corporate secretary.… https://t.co/lGymw03pni@AmLawInstMar 30
- The Spring edition of 'The ALI Reporter' is now available. Read the full issue: https://t.co/qoMRcPTbC4https://t.co/mloYyejK92@AmLawInstMar 27
- On the 'Judgment Calls' podcast listen to @BolchJudicial Institute Director and ALI President David F. Levi in conv… https://t.co/Blx8I1h9fi@AmLawInstMar 27
- Stephen Huefner @OSU_law discusses ensuring fair representation for all voters and voting methods in ALI’s Principl… https://t.co/z0g0HwvRL2@AmLawInstMar 26