Carl Stewart Receives Devitt Award
Carl E. Stewart of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit was the recipient of the 35th Annual Devitt Award. He was presented with the award on Oct. 17 at the Supreme Court of the United States in the presence of the Supreme Court Justices and other invited guests.
Named for the highly regarded late Edward J. Devitt, longtime chief judge of the U.S. District Court of the District of Minnesota, the Devitt Award was established in 1982 by Dwight D. Opperman to honor a respected member of the federal bench, one who possessed a distinguished lifelong career characterized by decisions that, through his/her wisdom, humanity and commitment to the rule of law, make clear that bench, bar and community alike would willingly entrust that judge with the most complex cases of the most far-reaching importance.
Retired Justice Anthony M. Kennedy chaired this year's award selection committee, which also included ALI members Raymond M. Kethledge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and Lucy H. Koh of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Read more here.
- ALI member and @ColumbiaLaw Dean Gillian Lester recently delivered the 2019-20 Annual David B. Goodman Lecture at… https://t.co/6HaCPyvW2u@AmLawInstJan 22
- Nancy Kim @CWSL_News recently delivered a talk at @queensulaw. The lecture, “Redefining Consent,” centered on her l… https://t.co/9CrhzDQFZy@AmLawInstJan 21
- Sara Bronin @UConnLaw explores how zoning codes define both the family and the “functional family” on The ALI Advis… https://t.co/bzM6Sj8pTr@AmLawInstJan 16
- Avi Gesser and Molly Clarke @DavisPolkReg share their thoughts on “What the Last Year of Cyber Enforcement Tells Us… https://t.co/MUEGqXY202@AmLawInstJan 13
- Today marks the first day of #SCOTUS oral arguments in 2020. Learn more about what it’s like to argue before the na… https://t.co/TxL8DgQ7JA@AmLawInstJan 13