Carl Stewart Receives Devitt Award
Carl E. Stewart of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit was the recipient of the 35th Annual Devitt Award. He was presented with the award on Oct. 17 at the Supreme Court of the United States in the presence of the Supreme Court Justices and other invited guests.
Named for the highly regarded late Edward J. Devitt, longtime chief judge of the U.S. District Court of the District of Minnesota, the Devitt Award was established in 1982 by Dwight D. Opperman to honor a respected member of the federal bench, one who possessed a distinguished lifelong career characterized by decisions that, through his/her wisdom, humanity and commitment to the rule of law, make clear that bench, bar and community alike would willingly entrust that judge with the most complex cases of the most far-reaching importance.
Retired Justice Anthony M. Kennedy chaired this year's award selection committee, which also included ALI members Raymond M. Kethledge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and Lucy H. Koh of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Read more here.
- Make sure to check out what’s happened so far on Season 2 of #ReasonablySpeaking, including special episodes of “Co… https://t.co/8P7XrLkt4G@AmLawInstJul 3
- #TBT to Episode 1 of "Coping with COVID," a series produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw. "How Courts Are… https://t.co/yRxyRs3uIj@AmLawInstJul 2
- ALI Council member Troy McKenzie of @nyulaw was recently honored with a Distinguished Teaching Award. Learn more:… https://t.co/dIH5sntHyp@AmLawInstJul 2
- Now Streaming on #ReasonablySpeaking: “The Plague of Excessive Force - Working Together to Find a Cure” featuring… https://t.co/FGmDlbwvPi@AmLawInstJul 1
- Read remarks from ALI members @ProfMMurray, @barryfriedman1, @eji_org Executive Director Bryan Stevenson,… https://t.co/WjYkz4CR9O@AmLawInstJul 1