Carol Izumi Honored with AALS Pincus Award
Carol L. Izumi of UC Hastings College of the Law has been honored with the Pincus Award from The Association of American Law Schools (AALS). The Pincus Award is the AALS’s highest award bestowed in the area of clinical legal education. The award acknowledges excellence in service, scholarship, program design and implementation, and other activity benefiting clinical legal education and the advancement of justice.
Professor Izumi is being recognized for her longtime service to the AALS. A pioneer and leader in the dispute resolution field, she has contributed to program design and development through her efforts and advocacy to establish mediation and dispute resolution clinical programs nationwide.
“The Pincus is a lifetime achievement award for outstanding service and commitment to the clinical community. It’s an indication of the esteem in which the national community of clinical law professors holds her,” says UC Hastings Associate Dean Ascanio Piomelli. “Recipients are giants in the field and Carol belongs in their midst. She works at the intersection of three vital movements: clinical education, dispute resolution, and critical race theory.”
Read more here.
- . @BandesSusan of @DePaulLaw was interviewed by @Law360 on her article “Empath and Remote Legal Proceedings” discuss… https://t.co/oB4452EN6H@AmLawInstJul 30
- . @OlatiJ was featured on the final episode of the Defending the Planet podcast by @ColumbiaLaw discussing climate c… https://t.co/YgGaOJZxY7@AmLawInstJul 29
- . @ChrisOdinet was quoted in @MorningConsult on potential consequences for nonbank and fintech mortgage companies as… https://t.co/xYP2kLfTZu@AmLawInstJul 28
- Jane Cutler Greenspan, retired judge of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, discusses Title IX adjudication and reso… https://t.co/x6F7Lmx5vS@AmLawInstJul 27
- . @daniellecitron participated in a discussion with @TheProspect analyzing the different facets of Section 230, a pr… https://t.co/NAxmfwB7em@AmLawInstJul 26