Carol Izumi Honored with AALS Pincus Award
Carol L. Izumi of UC Hastings College of the Law has been honored with the Pincus Award from The Association of American Law Schools (AALS). The Pincus Award is the AALS’s highest award bestowed in the area of clinical legal education. The award acknowledges excellence in service, scholarship, program design and implementation, and other activity benefiting clinical legal education and the advancement of justice.
Professor Izumi is being recognized for her longtime service to the AALS. A pioneer and leader in the dispute resolution field, she has contributed to program design and development through her efforts and advocacy to establish mediation and dispute resolution clinical programs nationwide.
“The Pincus is a lifetime achievement award for outstanding service and commitment to the clinical community. It’s an indication of the esteem in which the national community of clinical law professors holds her,” says UC Hastings Associate Dean Ascanio Piomelli. “Recipients are giants in the field and Carol belongs in their midst. She works at the intersection of three vital movements: clinical education, dispute resolution, and critical race theory.”
Read more here.
- . @UWMadison recently released preliminary findings from the 2019 @AAUniversities Campus Climate Survey on Sexual As… https://t.co/mW4Fwq21S8@AmLawInstOct 23
- In Parkinson v. Bevis, 2019 WL 4266089 (Idaho Sept. 10, 2019), the Supreme Court of Idaho adopts Restatement of the… https://t.co/H0JfTtAxSw@AmLawInstOct 23
- . @ConstitutionCtr and @GWLawReview recently hosted a symposium where federal judges shared how their #SCOTUS clerks… https://t.co/63bAZTGh4w@AmLawInstOct 22
- Nicole A. Saharsky of @Mayer_Brown recently featured on an episode of Legal Speak ( @lawdotcom) where she shared her… https://t.co/dpT3J56E6y@AmLawInstOct 22
- Congratulations to our 50 newly elected members. We are thrilled to welcome this new group who will bring their exp… https://t.co/SroGmh3D00@AmLawInstOct 21