Carol Izumi Honored with AALS Pincus Award
Carol L. Izumi of UC Hastings College of the Law has been honored with the Pincus Award from The Association of American Law Schools (AALS). The Pincus Award is the AALS’s highest award bestowed in the area of clinical legal education. The award acknowledges excellence in service, scholarship, program design and implementation, and other activity benefiting clinical legal education and the advancement of justice.
Professor Izumi is being recognized for her longtime service to the AALS. A pioneer and leader in the dispute resolution field, she has contributed to program design and development through her efforts and advocacy to establish mediation and dispute resolution clinical programs nationwide.
“The Pincus is a lifetime achievement award for outstanding service and commitment to the clinical community. It’s an indication of the esteem in which the national community of clinical law professors holds her,” says UC Hastings Associate Dean Ascanio Piomelli. “Recipients are giants in the field and Carol belongs in their midst. She works at the intersection of three vital movements: clinical education, dispute resolution, and critical race theory.”
Read more here.
- All ALI members and amazing leaders in the law school community. https://t.co/a7xpepkqmr@AmLawInstAug 3
- ALI member Laura E. Gómez of @UCLA_Law has written a new book, “Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism.”… https://t.co/BWWHwVW5M2@AmLawInstJul 31
- #FBF to “Coping with COVID: Legal Services Organizations on the Frontlines” on #ReasonablySpeaking. @NLSLA Executiv… https://t.co/iPVZQjgDoY@AmLawInstJul 31
- Read now: A review and recommendation for ALI member Judge Raymond M. Kethledge’s book "Lead Yourself First" (co-au… https://t.co/cWIDCYfEnL@AmLawInstJul 30
- Coming soon: The latest episode of #ReasonablySpeaking produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw brings togeth… https://t.co/n1kEuVVjXV@AmLawInstJul 29