Carol Izumi Honored with AALS Pincus Award
Carol L. Izumi of UC Hastings College of the Law has been honored with the Pincus Award from The Association of American Law Schools (AALS). The Pincus Award is the AALS’s highest award bestowed in the area of clinical legal education. The award acknowledges excellence in service, scholarship, program design and implementation, and other activity benefiting clinical legal education and the advancement of justice.
Professor Izumi is being recognized for her longtime service to the AALS. A pioneer and leader in the dispute resolution field, she has contributed to program design and development through her efforts and advocacy to establish mediation and dispute resolution clinical programs nationwide.
“The Pincus is a lifetime achievement award for outstanding service and commitment to the clinical community. It’s an indication of the esteem in which the national community of clinical law professors holds her,” says UC Hastings Associate Dean Ascanio Piomelli. “Recipients are giants in the field and Carol belongs in their midst. She works at the intersection of three vital movements: clinical education, dispute resolution, and critical race theory.”
Read more here.
- Ward Farnsworth of @UTexasLaw speaks on collective thought and the drafting of a Restatement in The ALI Reporter.… https://t.co/grMzqi1E3b@AmLawInstFeb 19
- Off from work today? Kick back and listen to an episode of #ReasonablySpeaking. ALI’s new podcast takes you through… https://t.co/Y1Kdr3mHoR@AmLawInstFeb 18
- Meeting next week, Principles for a Data Economy studies, identifies, and collates the existing and potential legal… https://t.co/yDlF7FMc1B@AmLawInstFeb 15
- Now streaming - Death penalty expert @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw talks about the revealing details of his data col… https://t.co/BdcVcVBqaL@AmLawInstFeb 14
- William Kidder @CRPatUCLA discusses the major challenges faced by U.S. colleges and universities in the prevention… https://t.co/yUyxjKvqK7@AmLawInstFeb 14