Carol Izumi Honored with AALS Pincus Award
Carol L. Izumi of UC Hastings College of the Law has been honored with the Pincus Award from The Association of American Law Schools (AALS). The Pincus Award is the AALS’s highest award bestowed in the area of clinical legal education. The award acknowledges excellence in service, scholarship, program design and implementation, and other activity benefiting clinical legal education and the advancement of justice.
Professor Izumi is being recognized for her longtime service to the AALS. A pioneer and leader in the dispute resolution field, she has contributed to program design and development through her efforts and advocacy to establish mediation and dispute resolution clinical programs nationwide.
“The Pincus is a lifetime achievement award for outstanding service and commitment to the clinical community. It’s an indication of the esteem in which the national community of clinical law professors holds her,” says UC Hastings Associate Dean Ascanio Piomelli. “Recipients are giants in the field and Carol belongs in their midst. She works at the intersection of three vital movements: clinical education, dispute resolution, and critical race theory.”
Read more here.
- An amazing group of women – all of whom are also members of the Institute! https://t.co/ahbfHKPafN@AmLawInstFeb 21
- ALI member @Nedfoley of @OSU_Law has published a new book – Presidential Elections and Majority Rule: The Rise, Dem… https://t.co/kOrZxJziC5@AmLawInstFeb 21
- “A courtship four decades in the making: they met when Jimmy Carter tapped them for bench, wed 25 years later” —… https://t.co/en3G21HIom@AmLawInstFeb 20
- ALI member Michael Dreeben was recently interviewed in piece for @lawdotcom about his transition to partner at… https://t.co/Y9EwuS3lY2@AmLawInstFeb 14
- ALI member Catharine A. MacKinnon of @UMichLaw recently delivered the McCorkle Lecture on “The First Amendment: An… https://t.co/bZg4kXlvpb@AmLawInstFeb 13