Child Exploitation and Trafficking
T. Markus Funk of Perkins Coie and Virginia M. Kendall of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois have published the second edition of their book, Child Exploitation and Trafficking: Examining Global Enforcement and Supply Chain Challenges, and U.S. Responses (Rowman & Littlefield Publishers) (Foreword by ALI Life member Richard A. Posner of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit).
From the publisher:
The book covers the history and present-day realities of the epidemic of child sexual exploitation, the use of trafficked labor in business supply chains, and the law enforcement and legislative efforts to combat it. Written from the perspective of those who have spent their careers investigating, prosecuting, and adjudicating these cases, as well as counseling companies on supply compliance, the authors provide fresh, practical thinking to this challenging legal area.
Child Exploitation has been widely cited by courts as well as in scholarly and mainstream articles, and is used in various training contexts within and outside of the United States.
- In light of the recent disruptions to in-person elections due to COVID-19, and the potential for a larger-than-aver… https://t.co/TvAZoe1Jao@AmLawInstApr 6
- An interview with ALI member and @Harvard_Law professor @JeannieSGersen about her thoughts on teaching remotely wit… https://t.co/4Py0xxNXEs@AmLawInstApr 6
- Stephen Huefner @OSU_law discusses ensuring fair representation for all voters and voting methods in ALI’s Principl… https://t.co/3KxZFaC163@AmLawInstApr 3
- . @MoLawyersMedia has chosen ALI member and @MizzouLaw Dean Lyrissa Lidsky ( @LidskyLidsky) as its 2020 Woman of the… https://t.co/JmFd9SnzgI@AmLawInstApr 2
- Restatement Third of Torts: Liability for Economic Harm, is now available for purchase. In this video Reporter and… https://t.co/Bc0TRl4vcg@AmLawInstApr 2