Chris Hoofnagle Announced as Next Faculty Director of CLTC
Chris Jay Hoofnagle of UC Berkeley Law is the next Faculty Director of the Center for Long-Term Cybersecurity (CLTC) at UC Berkeley. Launched in 2015, the CLTC is designed to help individuals and organizations assess present day cybersecurity challenges and prepare for needs of the future.
“This is an exciting moment,” Hoofnagle said in the announcement. “The public policy problems that CLTC works on are deeply important. As our lives are increasingly mediated by digital technologies, whether those technologies are secure will determine the quality of our freedom of speech, freedom of association, and the degree that we can have intimacy. It’s not just national security and whether or not there’s money in the bank. The fabric of our society could be torn or strengthened by these technologies. It’s a tremendous, important challenge.”
- The abstract for 'Improving (and Avoiding) Interstate Interpretive Encounters' is available on The ALI Adviser:… https://t.co/sHIq24JfoF@AmLawInstSep 29
- . @daniellecitron has authored ‘The Fight for Privacy, Protecting Dignity, Identity and Love in our Digital Age,’ di… https://t.co/5V0wlofT0P@AmLawInstSep 29
- Sarah S. Vance of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana is the recipient of the 2022 Edward… https://t.co/YyUx80mxZY@AmLawInstSep 28
- . @DebroahNArcher is the next director of @nyulaw’s Clinical and Advocacy Programs, effective January 2023.… https://t.co/2TQaEXlszu@AmLawInstSep 26
- Following her retirement from the @uscourts, U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, Margaret B Sey… https://t.co/FfZHzQAeyN@AmLawInstSep 22