Christopher Slobogin Receives Harvie Branscomb Award
Christopher Slobogin of Vanderbilt Law School is the winner of the Harvie Branscomb Distinguished Professor Award.
Paying tribute to Vanderbilt’s fourth chancellor, the award recognizes creative research and teaching, as well as service to students, colleagues, and society at large.
“Chris Slobogin is among the nation’s leading scholars of criminal procedure, mental health law and juvenile justice,” said Vanderbilt Chancellor Daniel Diermeier. “He has continually advocated for society’s most vulnerable members, impacting many lives.”
Professor Slobogin, who joined the Vanderbilt faculty in 2008, earned his juris doctor and master of laws from the University of Virginia School of Law. He has taken a leadership role in drafting model statutes to govern policing; in addressing issues of mental disability and the death penalty; and in advocating for protection of privacy in the modern age.
Learn more about the award here.
- ALI member @DanielSolove of @gwlaw has written “The Eyemonger,” a newly illustrated children’s book that discusses… https://t.co/vX0iK1MoYK@AmLawInstJan 15
- #ICYMI – "The U.S. Presidency: Looking Forward," is now available on #ReasonablySpeaking. In this timely episode sc… https://t.co/jK7Q4mtF29@AmLawInstJan 15
- Now on #ReasonablySpeaking, "The U.S. Presidency: Looking Forward." From the new series, #BeyondCOVID, jointly prod… https://t.co/XeLJWgbWiS@AmLawInstJan 14
- Make sure to check out this special edition honoring ALI Council member Diane P. Wood of the U.S. Court of Appeals… https://t.co/0gs41NHlwC@AmLawInstJan 13
- ALI members Sherrilyn Ifill ( @Sifill_LDF) of @NAACP_LDF and Pamela S. Karlan ( @karlan_pam) of @StanfordLaw are amon… https://t.co/HuYOGqECf4@AmLawInstJan 12