David and Nora Freeman Engstrom to Lead Center on the Legal Profession
Stanford Law School has appointed Professors David Freeman Engstrom and Nora Freeman Engstrom as the new faculty co-directors of the Stanford Center on the Legal Profession (CLP). They will succeed Professor Deborah Rhode, the founder and former director of CLP, who passed away in January.
“I am thrilled that David and Nora have stepped up to lead the Center and continue Deborah’s critical work in these areas,” said Jenny Martinez, the Richard E. Lang Professor of Law and dean of Stanford Law School. “Throughout her life, Deborah focused on how to strengthen the profession and promote access to justice. Under David and Nora’s guidance, the Center will continue to advance those aims.”
Founded in 2008, CLP advances the profession through research, policy and advocacy, teaching, and public programs. It focuses on issues critical to the future of the profession including access to justice, diversity and inclusion, regulation of the bar, modernization of legal services, and lawyer leadership.
Learn more here.
- Robert H. Mundheim @ShearmanLaw received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Arizona James E.… https://t.co/YkNyeG5DNC@AmLawInstJun 13
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30