David Orentlicher Joins UNLV Law
Dr. David Orentlicher will join the UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law faculty as the Cobeaga Law Firm Professor of Law and co-director of the UNLV Health Law Program.
Dr. Orentlicher most recently taught at Indiana University’s law and medical schools. He served in the Indiana House of Representatives from 2002 to 2008, and was a candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives, Indiana’s 8th Congressional District, in 2016. Dr. Orentlicher was director of the American Medical Association’s Division of Medical Ethics, where he drafted the AMA’s first patient’s bill of rights.
“We are extremely delighted David Orentlicher is joining our law school faculty,” said Daniel W. Hamilton, dean of the William S. Boyd School of Law. “His remarkable scholarship and public service will benefit the school and community, and will contribute greatly to our Health Law Program.”
Read the full UNLV press release.
- Richard Briffault @ColumbiaLaw Reporter for ALI’s Government Ethics Principles project, addresses the principles th… https://t.co/PHPs08605A@AmLawInstMar 15
- Kenneth Frazier Featured in the New York Times https://t.co/84lCLg6zQo@AmLawInstMar 15
- . @ucilaw Professor Michele Goodwin receives Sandra Day O'Connor Legacy Award. https://t.co/qjxGnmXfyx@AmLawInstMar 13
- American Indian Law Reporter @DrummondWoodsum Kaighn Smith Jr. discusses Tribal Entities and Sovereign Immuity Watc… https://t.co/lBq5pL7lQr@AmLawInstMar 12
- Sick and Aging Prisoners: A Look Into Compassionate Release - The ALI Adviser https://t.co/TrBkUDAn0N@AmLawInstMar 9