David Orentlicher Joins UNLV Law
Dr. David Orentlicher will join the UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law faculty as the Cobeaga Law Firm Professor of Law and co-director of the UNLV Health Law Program.
Dr. Orentlicher most recently taught at Indiana University’s law and medical schools. He served in the Indiana House of Representatives from 2002 to 2008, and was a candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives, Indiana’s 8th Congressional District, in 2016. Dr. Orentlicher was director of the American Medical Association’s Division of Medical Ethics, where he drafted the AMA’s first patient’s bill of rights.
“We are extremely delighted David Orentlicher is joining our law school faculty,” said Daniel W. Hamilton, dean of the William S. Boyd School of Law. “His remarkable scholarship and public service will benefit the school and community, and will contribute greatly to our Health Law Program.”
Read the full UNLV press release.
- ALI Council's Jan. meeting finishes today. In order for any portion of a project draft to be fully approved and the… https://t.co/D18iI9TSd1@AmLawInstJan 21
- In one week, ALI member Kristin Nicole Henning @GeorgetownLaw will discuss her book 'The Rage of Innocence: How Ame… https://t.co/ZdW9Inv0Sa@AmLawInstJan 21
- Patricia Lee Refo @SWLawNews was awarded the Medal of Honor from @worldjurist for her work promoting the rule of la… https://t.co/GIReq0oFJH@AmLawInstJan 21
- Today's ALI Council meeting includes project discussions on Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault, Policing, Property,… https://t.co/usrEXqSOHJ@AmLawInstJan 20
- M. Elizabeth Magill has been nominated as the ninth president of @penn. A full vote on Magill’s nomination will tak… https://t.co/ZFtjJhNPAp@AmLawInstJan 20