David Orentlicher Joins UNLV Law
Dr. David Orentlicher will join the UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law faculty as the Cobeaga Law Firm Professor of Law and co-director of the UNLV Health Law Program.
Dr. Orentlicher most recently taught at Indiana University’s law and medical schools. He served in the Indiana House of Representatives from 2002 to 2008, and was a candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives, Indiana’s 8th Congressional District, in 2016. Dr. Orentlicher was director of the American Medical Association’s Division of Medical Ethics, where he drafted the AMA’s first patient’s bill of rights.
“We are extremely delighted David Orentlicher is joining our law school faculty,” said Daniel W. Hamilton, dean of the William S. Boyd School of Law. “His remarkable scholarship and public service will benefit the school and community, and will contribute greatly to our Health Law Program.”
Read the full UNLV press release.
- ALI Elects 44 New Members https://t.co/uXAVzTQBDf@AmLawInstDec 15
- The Supreme Court’s Last 30 Years of Federal Indian Law: Looking for Equilibrium or Supremacy? by Alexander Skibine… https://t.co/A9b1754Tuo@AmLawInstDec 12
- Dean Risa Goluboff Wins American Society for Legal History Book Award https://t.co/urk6ghsIyW@AmLawInstDec 5
- Participants discussing -What is a student's right of personal expression in public school? Buss @UChicagoLaw Scott… https://t.co/fqrFJxGZbA@AmLawInstDec 1
- Children Reporter @SetonHallLaw Maldonado discusses de facto parent and third-party access to a child with project… https://t.co/tsQjYeJwBq@AmLawInstDec 1