Deborah Archer Is the New Director of NYU Law Clinical and Advocacy Programs
After leading the Clinical and Advocacy Programs at NYU Law since 2002, Randy Hertz of NYU Law will step down in January 2023. Deborah N. Archer of NYU Law will become the program’s next director. In addition to the director role, Archer will become the Associate Dean for Experiential Education and Clinical Program.
“Helping our students develop the complex skills needed to advance justice, defend the rule of law, and increase the accessibility of high-quality legal services that are responsive to the needs of individuals, communities, and organizations have always been central to the mission of NYU Law,” said Archer in the announcement. “Clinical programs are an essential part of that work, which is as important now as it has been at any time in our school’s history. I am proud of the work we do, the students we teach, and the communities we serve, and, in taking on this important role, am honored to build on Randy Hertz’s legacy of leadership.”
The NYU Law clinical program includes a year-long lawyering program for first year students, simulation courses, and over 40 fieldwork clinics and externships and serves over 500 NYU Law students each year.
- Samuel Bray @NDLaw has been appointed the John N. Matthews Professor of Law at Notre Dame Law School.… https://t.co/blKn8uqdMF@AmLawInstDec 2
- Jeffrey Bellin of @WMLawSchool has authored ‘Mass Incarceration Nation,’ a book discussing mass imprisonment and it… https://t.co/S9U5GkV81t@AmLawInstDec 1
- John C.P. Goldberg @Harvard_Law and Benjamin C. Zipursky @FordhamLawNYC are the recipients of the 2023 William L. P… https://t.co/IgGbm998dL@AmLawInstNov 30
- The latest edition of The ALI Reporter is now available: https://t.co/w5DQNe416Bhttps://t.co/3TdMJ0alGG@AmLawInstNov 28
- Stephen Lee Saltonstall has authored ‘Renegade for Justice, Defending the Defenseless in an Outlaw World,’ a memoir… https://t.co/UaCqVH4s67@AmLawInstNov 23