Deborah Tuerkheimer Awarded Ver Steeg Fellowship
Deborah Tuerkheimer of Northwestern Pritzker School of Law has been named a recipient of the 13th annual Dorothy Ann and Clarence L. Ver Steeg Distinguished Research Fellowship Award.
The Ver Steeg Fellowship supports research and scholarship by tenured Northwestern professors whose work enhances the national and international reputation of the university.
Professor Tuerkheimer is one of the nation’s leading legal scholars, as shown by her tremendous contributions to criminal law, evidence, and feminist theory.
“I am most grateful to the Ver Steeg family for its extraordinary support of scholarship,” Professor Tuerkheimer said. “The award will help facilitate my continued research and writing aimed at improving our societal responses to sexual misconduct. It is a privilege to be working to advance this conversation, particularly in the #MeToo era when so much is in flux.”
She serves as an Adviser for ALI’s Principles of the Law, Student Sexual Misconduct: Procedural Frameworks for Colleges and Universities, and on the Members Consultative Group for the Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault and Related Offenses project.
Read more here.
- An article for Law360 entitled “Risk Assessment Tools Are Not A Failed ‘Minority Report’” discusses the use of risk… https://t.co/Uvl8loyfUL@AmLawInstAug 16
- In the episode "Creating a Strong Corporate Compliance Program" on #ReasonablySpeaking Ivan Fong @3M and Lori Marti… https://t.co/QSNb5DmRDV@AmLawInstAug 15
- Congratulations to ALI member Judy Martinez @SPSR_Law, who will serve as the 2019-2020 @ABAesq President. Read mo… https://t.co/3WCNXKGS0W@AmLawInstAug 15
- The 5th Cir. recently overturned the Northern District of Texas with strong language supporting ICWA. Read more abo… https://t.co/kbAc2CaFXb@AmLawInstAug 15
- Listen now to “Protecting Children in Criminal Procedures” on #ReasonablySpeaking featuring Marsha Levick… https://t.co/3YaaPICf1Y@AmLawInstAug 14