Deborah Tuerkheimer Awarded Ver Steeg Fellowship
Deborah Tuerkheimer of Northwestern Pritzker School of Law has been named a recipient of the 13th annual Dorothy Ann and Clarence L. Ver Steeg Distinguished Research Fellowship Award.
The Ver Steeg Fellowship supports research and scholarship by tenured Northwestern professors whose work enhances the national and international reputation of the university.
Professor Tuerkheimer is one of the nation’s leading legal scholars, as shown by her tremendous contributions to criminal law, evidence, and feminist theory.
“I am most grateful to the Ver Steeg family for its extraordinary support of scholarship,” Professor Tuerkheimer said. “The award will help facilitate my continued research and writing aimed at improving our societal responses to sexual misconduct. It is a privilege to be working to advance this conversation, particularly in the #MeToo era when so much is in flux.”
She serves as an Adviser for ALI’s Principles of the Law, Student Sexual Misconduct: Procedural Frameworks for Colleges and Universities, and on the Members Consultative Group for the Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault and Related Offenses project.
Read more here.
- In an effort to provide election administration officials with information regarding the implementation of proper p… https://t.co/ZHPVw1TvTv@AmLawInstMar 30
- ALI member Melinda Davis Lux joins @ucbi as its executive vice president, general counsel, and corporate secretary.… https://t.co/lGymw03pni@AmLawInstMar 30
- The Spring edition of 'The ALI Reporter' is now available. Read the full issue: https://t.co/qoMRcPTbC4https://t.co/mloYyejK92@AmLawInstMar 27
- On the 'Judgment Calls' podcast listen to @BolchJudicial Institute Director and ALI President David F. Levi in conv… https://t.co/Blx8I1h9fi@AmLawInstMar 27
- Stephen Huefner @OSU_law discusses ensuring fair representation for all voters and voting methods in ALI’s Principl… https://t.co/z0g0HwvRL2@AmLawInstMar 26