Deborah Tuerkheimer Awarded Ver Steeg Fellowship
Deborah Tuerkheimer of Northwestern Pritzker School of Law has been named a recipient of the 13th annual Dorothy Ann and Clarence L. Ver Steeg Distinguished Research Fellowship Award.
The Ver Steeg Fellowship supports research and scholarship by tenured Northwestern professors whose work enhances the national and international reputation of the university.
Professor Tuerkheimer is one of the nation’s leading legal scholars, as shown by her tremendous contributions to criminal law, evidence, and feminist theory.
“I am most grateful to the Ver Steeg family for its extraordinary support of scholarship,” Professor Tuerkheimer said. “The award will help facilitate my continued research and writing aimed at improving our societal responses to sexual misconduct. It is a privilege to be working to advance this conversation, particularly in the #MeToo era when so much is in flux.”
She serves as an Adviser for ALI’s Principles of the Law, Student Sexual Misconduct: Procedural Frameworks for Colleges and Universities, and on the Members Consultative Group for the Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault and Related Offenses project.
Read more here.
- ALI was profiled by @VisionariesInc, a documentary series that highlights the stories of nonprofits around the worl… https://t.co/jlgwzEPC3E@AmLawInstJun 24
- An article from ALI Reporters Kevin Reitz @UofMNLawSchool and Cecelia Klingele @WisconsinLaw entitled “Model Penal… https://t.co/hsDke463m2@AmLawInstJun 24
- Carol F. Lee, ALI Council member and @YaleLawSch alum, received ALI's Distinguished Service Award at this year’s An… https://t.co/zaujOzsFVV@AmLawInstJun 21
- “Why Is Defining Consent So Difficult?”– In this episode of #ReasonablySpeaking Aya Gruber of @ColoLaw and Jennif… https://t.co/vZhmSudUsX@AmLawInstJun 20
- Watch @MWildeAnderson of @StanfordLaw discuss her scholarship on geographically concentrated poverty and the growin… https://t.co/llJCVNaAv4@AmLawInstJun 20