Diane Wood Interviews for High School SCOTUS
Diane P. Wood, Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, was recently interviewed for High School SCOTUS, a blog written by high school students that focuses on current events related to the material published on SCOTUSblog.
In the interview, Chief Judge Wood spoke about the importance of civic engagement, the judiciary’s role in a functioning democracy, and the past Supreme Court justice she would most like to have dinner with. Additionally, she shared memories from her own time in high school, including pressing topics of the day and what eventually influenced her to attend law school.
When asked about the rewards and difficulties associated with working as a Chief Judge she said,
“It’s very rewarding to have the trust of people, to be in the position to resolve disputes in such a wide range of subjects. I’ve traveled quite a bit internationally and met with judges from a very large number of other countries, and they’re often astonished that we have constitutional, administrative, criminal, civil, state, and federal responsibilities. I find it a great challenge, but it’s also a great privilege.”
Read the full interview here.
- Intentional Torts Restatement session at today’s Council meeting included discussion on Privileges and Consent. … https://t.co/7LAgHLowxy@AmLawInstOct 19
- Watch a short video and learn more about the Children and The Law Restatement project on The ALI Adviser.… https://t.co/hPYmdpWwWv@AmLawInstOct 19
- Day 2 of our Council meeting begins with Children and the Law Restatement, including discussions on parental author… https://t.co/JumoEGNlRR@AmLawInstOct 19
- Congratulations to all our newly elected members! View the full list on https://t.co/H2Yifa92ph:… https://t.co/QWRnIugucB@AmLawInstOct 18
- Read about technology, corporate compliance, and The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act on The ALI Adviser. @AILawBlog… https://t.co/YOxNfrT02L@AmLawInstOct 18