Diane Wood Interviews for High School SCOTUS
Diane P. Wood, Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, was recently interviewed for High School SCOTUS, a blog written by high school students that focuses on the U.S. Supreme Court.
In the interview, Chief Judge Wood spoke about the importance of civic engagement, the judiciary’s role in a functioning democracy, and the past Supreme Court justice she would most like to have dinner with. Additionally, she shared memories from her own time in high school, including pressing topics of the day and what eventually influenced her to attend law school.
When asked about the rewards and difficulties associated with working as a Chief Judge she said,
“It’s very rewarding to have the trust of people, to be in the position to resolve disputes in such a wide range of subjects. I’ve traveled quite a bit internationally and met with judges from a very large number of other countries, and they’re often astonished that we have constitutional, administrative, criminal, civil, state, and federal responsibilities. I find it a great challenge, but it’s also a great privilege.”
Read the full interview here.
- Congratulations to ALI members Rachel Barkow, Merrick Garland, Sherrilyn Ifill, Goodwin Liu, Tracey Meares and Nath… https://t.co/WRC7BOeiS6@AmLawInstApr 19
- Congratulations to ALI member J. Brett Busby on his appointment to the Supreme Court of Texas. Read more on… https://t.co/rpvtQDpVKZ@AmLawInstApr 19
- The Law of American Indians: Indian Country Criminal Jurisdiction. Read more on The ALI Adviser. https://t.co/DgMA9YmRTk@AmLawInstApr 19
- Congratulations to ALI members Rachel Barkow, Merrick Garland, Goodwin Liu, Tracey Meares and Nathaniel Persily on… https://t.co/WYV0EQsyKF@AmLawInstApr 19
- This week’s podcast episode of #ReasonablySpeaking deals with consumer contracts, enforceability of terms, and the… https://t.co/otx9wu5nAL@AmLawInstApr 19