Diane Wood Recognized for Her Lifetime Contribution to Antitrust Law
ALI Council member Diane P. Wood of the U.S Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit was presented with the 2015 John S. Sherman Award. The Award, presented by the Department of Justice, recognizes individuals who have made “substantial contributions to the protection of American consumers and the preservation of economic liberty” through their dedication to the development of antitrust enforcement and policy. Chief Judge Wood is the first female recipient of the award.
“I cannot think of a more deserving recipient of the department’s highest antitrust honor,” said Deputy Attorney General Sally Quillian Yates. “Chief Judge Wood has consistently demonstrated her commitment to the legal profession and she has been a trailblazer throughout her career for those who aspire to protect economic freedom and opportunity by promoting free and fair competition in the marketplace.”
Chief Judge Wood is Chair of ALI 's Nominating Committee, and Adviser on the Restatement Fourth, The Foreign Relations Law of the United States project (Jurisdiction section), as well as the Restatement Third, The Law of American Indians project.
- Make sure to check out what’s happened so far on Season 2 of #ReasonablySpeaking, including special episodes of “Co… https://t.co/8P7XrLkt4G@AmLawInstJul 3
- #TBT to Episode 1 of "Coping with COVID," a series produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw. "How Courts Are… https://t.co/yRxyRs3uIj@AmLawInstJul 2
- ALI Council member Troy McKenzie of @nyulaw was recently honored with a Distinguished Teaching Award. Learn more:… https://t.co/dIH5sntHyp@AmLawInstJul 2
- Now Streaming on #ReasonablySpeaking: “The Plague of Excessive Force - Working Together to Find a Cure” featuring… https://t.co/FGmDlbwvPi@AmLawInstJul 1
- Read remarks from ALI members @ProfMMurray, @barryfriedman1, @eji_org Executive Director Bryan Stevenson,… https://t.co/WjYkz4CR9O@AmLawInstJul 1