Diane Wood Recognized for Her Lifetime Contribution to Antitrust Law
ALI Council member Diane P. Wood of the U.S Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit was presented with the 2015 John S. Sherman Award. The Award, presented by the Department of Justice, recognizes individuals who have made “substantial contributions to the protection of American consumers and the preservation of economic liberty” through their dedication to the development of antitrust enforcement and policy. Chief Judge Wood is the first female recipient of the award.
“I cannot think of a more deserving recipient of the department’s highest antitrust honor,” said Deputy Attorney General Sally Quillian Yates. “Chief Judge Wood has consistently demonstrated her commitment to the legal profession and she has been a trailblazer throughout her career for those who aspire to protect economic freedom and opportunity by promoting free and fair competition in the marketplace.”
Chief Judge Wood is Chair of ALI 's Nominating Committee, and Adviser on the Restatement Fourth, The Foreign Relations Law of the United States project (Jurisdiction section), as well as the Restatement Third, The Law of American Indians project.
- At this year’s #ALI96 Annual Meeting, ALI membership voted to approve Principles of Data Privacy, marking the compl… https://t.co/k9I2nA5tN3@AmLawInstJun 14
- Compliance experts @ivankfong of @3M and Lori Martin of @WilmerHale discuss the greatest challenges in creating a s… https://t.co/jdN1eKgXE9@AmLawInstJun 14
- Judith McMullen of @mulaw discusses difficult situation faced by people whose criminal records were attained while… https://t.co/aM82U7Iz3A@AmLawInstJun 13
- In this episode of #ReasonablySpeaking experts Matthew Fletcher and Wenona Singel discuss the nuanced and highly co… https://t.co/IxQDj95eMh@AmLawInstJun 13
- Edward Foley @OSU_Law and Michael McConnell @StanfordLaw discuss what will happen if the 2020 election is disputed.… https://t.co/PTOi0eAfXl@AmLawInstJun 12